BKK to Pathum Thani

For BKK to Pathum Thani Province I've read about the bus and train. I'm hoping to go with a combination of BTS and taxi. Would it be best to take the BTS to Khu Khot and catch a taxi from their onward to my destination which is listed as about 40 Km. from BKK?

Thanks for any information.

Depends where in PT you are actually going to.  Do you want cheap or easy ?  Taxi easy of course, vs public trans to as close as possible, then a taxi or bus, if available.  Bus, less so depending on final destinations.

Since asking, make it easy, just take a taxi, simply time it outside of rush hour.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jotnar. I'm looking more for easy, convenient and quick and not so worried about cheap. I need to leave BKK Sukhumvit area around 8:00 a.m. and want to avoid sitting in heavy traffic/rush hour as much as possible. That's why I thought BTS to Khu Khot might help bypass a lot of traffic that time of day.

28 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Thanks Jotnar. I'm looking more for easy, convenient and quick and not so worried about cheap. I need to leave BKK Sukhumvit area around 8:00 a.m. and want to avoid sitting in heavy traffic/rush hour as much as possible. That's why I thought BTS to Khu Khot might help bypass a lot of traffic that time of day.

Ouch, rush hour.  If BTS convenient, then I'd take that, then taxi it.  I'd hop off at Yæk Kor Por Aor.  No sense in making the 'turn' then back tracking.  Might want to peek make sure that IS better.

Also the 'red line' goes to Rangsit station, though involves an interchange at BangSu, I think, so maybe not any better.

If a weekend, then road traffic is not that bad, and I'd opt for the taxi.  Surprisingly light traffic before the malls open up. 

Edited by Jotnar
  • Thanks 1

generally speaking, the rush hour traffic at 8am is coming INTO the city so not so bad leaving the city.  i've left sukhumvit/asoke area to DMK and CW immigration many times around 8am.  i take the tollway, no traffic at all on the tollway. 50thb toll to enter tollway at sukhumvit soi 1 and then another 80thb for the next toll booth.  not sure if there is yet another toll to make it to pathum thani.

i've also taken BTS/MRT to get to mochit and taken taxis from there.  in my experience, the MRT is not very crowded going that direction in the morning but the BTS is fairly crowded until after victory monument.  sometimes you don't have a choice but i'm near sukhumvit/asoke so i can do either one.

• Thanks 1