Superrich.

NoshowJones

I have cashed Ben Franklins, $100 bills, at the Superrich in the Future Park Mall in Bangkok.  The last time they did not accept some bills that were used, but not tattered.  Also, dunno if the new more 'secure' bills with the bluish tinge will be accepted.  I haven't tried yet.

Terry

I'd say the limit is set by the amount of GBP an individual shop is holding. AFAIK nothing preventing the OP from going to other exchanges, if one does not have enough on hand.

• Like 1

Depends if they have the cash in stock. I changed not far short of that into GBP yesterday at Vasu - they had it on hand (and, even better, got most of it in £20 rather than £50). Call and ask first.

Of course, when you try to pay with cash in UK now, many places look at you like you're from Mars (or only take cards). Just been for a month.

Good time to change THB to £ now. 43.05 at Vasu right now but I think may go lower given the dire economic news coming out of UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

Depends if they have the cash in stock. I changed not far short of that into GBP yesterday at Vasu - they had it on hand (and, even better, got most of it in £20 rather than £50). Call and ask first.

Of course, when you try to pay with cash in UK now, many places look at you like you're from Mars (or only take cards). Just been for a month.

Good time to change THB to £ now. 43.05 at Vasu right now but I think may go lower given the dire economic news coming out of UK.

Can anyone tell me if the Superrich at Swampy is open on Sundays?

Should not be a problem at all.

In 2021, I took $33,000 USD to the one inside the Emporium in Bangkok.

They had zero problems and matter of fact when they opened the drawers to get the million plus baht for me, they had another 4-5 million baht just in the drawers at the counter.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Should not be a problem at all.

In 2021, I took $33,000 USD to the one inside the Emporium in Bangkok.

They had zero problems and matter of fact when they opened the drawers to get the million plus baht for me, they had another 4-5 million baht just in the drawers at the counter.

Yes, But I am changing Thai Baht to GBP. Do you know if superrich is open at the airport on Sundays?

33 minutes ago, 38YEARS said:

is there a SUPER RICH  AT FUTURE PARK MALL ?

I i connot find it,  many years there.

at basement level there is a DEE MONEY outlet / stall.

In February I did not look for it.  Here is there web site for Future Park:

https://cashchanger.co/thailand/mc/superrich-thailand-future-park/303

I think they are next to KFC as you come in from underground parking.

I live south of Hua Hin.

No, that amount would be a piece of cake for them. They work on low margins, and turn over huge amounts of cash. A million baht would likely be no problem. I recently used them to change $12,000, and they acted like it was barely a blip. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Same in Australia, cash transactions are like unicorn sightings.

Governments love cards, it makes everything traceable. Cash is anonymous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Same in Australia, cash transactions are like unicorn sightings.

Governments love cards, it makes everything traceable. Cash is anonymous.

In Europe you'll have 500 euro notes.

When you like to change this you'll have to bring your passport with you to the bank, have to give an explanation where the money come from and....have to pay about 5 or 10 euros for exchange.This applies in the Netherlands, many people will call it 

NeeDDRland, if you understand the cynical joke.

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Superrich could, they have phones and English-speakers.

Do they really? Maybe I've been in Thailand too long.

Maybe you have, just trying to make a suggestion that would have answered your question without your having to rely on the Thaivisa 'experts'!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe you have, just trying to make a suggestion that would have answered your question without your having to rely on the Thaivisa 'experts'!

Would that be you.....????.................????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Would that be you.....????.................????

No, not this time.  I didn't offer an answer even though I am an expert on some things, not an "Thaivisa expert" (in inverted commas)!

On 5/6/2022 at 10:18 AM, possum1931 said:

Yes, But I am changing Thai Baht to GBP. Do you know if superrich is open at the airport on Sundays?

Orange SuperRich say they are

https://www.superrich1965.com/home.php?language=en

Green SuperRich say they don’t have an airport branch

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/contact#branch

orange is more expensive than green 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

• 1 year later...