David Beckham Building On Koh Samui

well samuijens... I have a "Ghostwriter" for stuff like this - sits in India! :o

@womble: Is this Cole goin' to play for ManC soon????????????????????????? than the offer from his "overseas-agent" would make a lot of sense!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the sensationalist , self serving , formulaic twaddle that reports coles purchase of a hua hin flat.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hua Hin penthouse for soccer star Joe Cole

The growing property market in Thai seaside resort Hua Hin received a powerful boost on Tuesday with the arrival of England football star Joe Cole, who paid a visit to town to claim ownership of his latest piece of overseas real estate – a luxury penthouse apartment in the Hua Hin Country Club.

“I looked at the quality of the properties here, such as the finishes, and took advice from advisors who look after my properties abroad,” the Chelsea mid-fielder told Property Report Asia. “They thought this was the best destination [to invest in] so I’ve come out here to take a look. This is the first opportunity I’ve had to come to Hua Hin and I’m very happy I invested here.” ...................

........................................Cole says he’s always up for spending some down time on the greens, which is part of the reason he selected the Hua Hin Country Club – which overlooks Black Mountain - for a holiday home.

“I’m not a good golfer, but I do enjoy a round. I actually haven’t played for about eight months, as I’ve spent most of the season injured,” said Cole, noting that there were a couple of reasons he added the country club penthouse to his property portfolio. “I like a bit of privacy but I also like to socialize so it’s lovely that the property is on the golf course; it’s always going to busy, there’s a clubhouse and there will always be someone who’s willing to take us for a round.”

The Hua Hin Country Club, is a freehold luxury apartment project. The development is expected to be complete in about a year and will have full resort facilities which sits directly in front of the golf course offering spectacular views of mountains and lush green fairways.

Cole said he checked out the Hua Hin Country Club and Black Mountain websites before coming to Thailand, and the property just “ticked all the right boxes.”

“I’ve only been here a few hours, but after having a drive around all the villages and down the mountain roads I’m already 100% sure I’ve made the right decision,” he said. “Who knows, maybe I’ll even get a few more [investors] here…help spread the word.”

As for what Cole looks for when investing in a holiday home, he says there are a number of factors he takes into consideration: “Firstly, you’ve got to invest your money wisely, so you’ve always got to look at the location…This is a very up-and-coming market getting talked about a lot in England. Secondly, you look at the setting, and the people who are building it.”

Cole says there were a number of reasons he decided to pick up a holiday home in Thailand, such as fine weather and a nice culture, and added that he hoped to get a chance to watch some Thai boxing matches while he’s here.

“It’s a great place to have a holiday home, with great people. Thais are very polite, very family-oriented,” he said, adding he hopes to make it to Thailand as often as he can, but given his busy schedule that will likely be only once a year.

Jo Swain, Lersuang Group’s sales & marketing manager, says Cole’s recognition of Hua Hin as a holiday destination will benefit the town as a whole: “The football star’s draw to Hua Hin Country Club and ownership of a holiday Penthouse apartment at the development in the area signifies Hua Hin’s evolvement to become a lifestyle destination has been a successful one.”

i find jo swains smug conclusion that the purchase of an overpriced piece of concrete by an overpaid british footballer in an already overdeveloped market is all that it takes to justify his groups concreting over of ever more of the countryside here for the benefit of his and his clients investment portfolios quite unsettling.

i find jo swains smug conclusion that the purchase of an overpriced piece of concrete by an overpaid british footballer in an already overdeveloped market is all that it takes to justify his groups concreting over of ever more of the countryside here for the benefit of his and his clients investment portfolios quite unsettling.

Can I nominate this one for ThaiVisa quote of the day? :o

Can I nominate this one for ThaiVisa quote of the day? :D

...got my thumbs up on that one! :o

“I’ve only been here a few hours, but after having a drive around all the villages and down the mountain roads I’m already 100% sure I’ve made the right decision,” he said. “Who knows, maybe I’ll even get a few more [investors] here…help spread the word.

Is it not unusual for even highly paid footballers to buy somewhere after only having seen it for a couple of hours and not comparing it to anything else? Surely it is. Even though they have stupid amounts of money, I would have thought that if it was their money they were spending they may be a bit more careful with it. Mind you it's only around a months wages I guess.......

The part where he says who knows I may even get a few more investors, doesn't that sound like he's trying to impress and fulfil his side of the bargain.

He's definatley saying too much here and talking to TV, property publications etc.

Now way would he do that for free.

If it would be in English..?

Yes. :o

LaoPo

“I’ve only been here a few hours, but after having a drive around all the villages and down the mountain roads I’m already 100% sure I’ve made the right decision,” he said. “Who knows, maybe I’ll even get a few more [investors] here…help spread the word.

Is it not unusual for even highly paid footballers to buy somewhere after only having seen it for a couple of hours and not comparing it to anything else? Surely it is. Even though they have stupid amounts of money, I would have thought that if it was their money they were spending they may be a bit more careful with it. Mind you it's only around a months wages I guess.......

The part where he says who knows I may even get a few more investors, doesn't that sound like he's trying to impress and fulfil his side of the bargain.

He's definitely saying too much here and talking to TV, property publications etc.

Womble if there any truth in that , well it's called Portfolio. What a shallow world we live in.They wouldn't give a S...T where they buy,they highly paid advisors can manipulate whatever they like.

Edited by Rooo

He's definatley saying too much here and talking to TV, property publications etc.

Womble if there any truth in that , well it's called PORTFOLiO. What a shallow world we live in.They wouldn't gine a S...T where they buy,they highly paid advisors can manipulate whatever they like.

I was thinking more towards..........

Perhaps the agent has been told he gets a bigger commision if he gets Joe Cole (or any other big name) to take a property at a reduced rate for plugging the developement.

So Joe has got one maybe for cost of construction, agent has got a nice commision and the developer has lots of advertising.

No way would he spend so much of his leisure time giving interviews to property mags and 3rd rate tv travel shows unless there's something in it for him.

Hope he got it for free, but the fact it's a penthouse, maybe he had to pay something?

...got my thumbs up on that one! :o

Jo Swain is a lady I believe, just doing her job, should she as a marketer be keeping it quiet that the mega-famous are purchasing their properties.

Besides its supply and demand so quotes like "overdeveloped market" and "overpriced" don't really mean anything, he paid that price - they sold at that price, thats what its worth!

Jo Swain, Lersuang Group’s sales & marketing manager, says Cole’s recognition of Hua Hin as a holiday destination will benefit the town as a whole: “The football star’s draw to Hua Hin Country Club and ownership of a holiday Penthouse apartment at the development in the area signifies Hua Hin’s evolvement to become a lifestyle destination has been a successful one.”
Jo Swain is a lady I believe, just doing her job, should she as a marketer be keeping it quiet that the mega-famous are purchasing their properties.

Besides its supply and demand so quotes like "overdeveloped market" and "overpriced" don't really mean anything, he paid that price - they sold at that price, thats what its worth!

marketing is what you do when your product is no good.

If you fancy a bit of perspective on the financial front, I can let you know that the Beckhams had dinner at The Ritz (or another well known London restaurant, I forget now) on millenium evening. A friend of mine booked the table many years before and flogged the booking to Beckham for 100,000 pounds (about 7 million baht)

What a bizzare thing to say, I can't think of even one product that isn't marketed in some way.

That's a bit rough Tax.

By using someone famous,you are not saying or guaranteeing that their choice is correct, but you are attracting buyers that want to be associated with that famous person, I own a condo in the same building as such & such.They are targeting that sector of the market, the wannabees. Even if he got it for free,they are recouping that investment over & over with advertisement & the stigma created .I do not condone it, but it's a ruthless business ,run by ruthless people using every trick in the book.

No.......

Marketing is what you do to any product to give an edge over your competitors.

It certainly doesn't only take place when the product is shoddy. (which is what you are implying tax)

Quite possibly the developement itself is sound......

The actual local investment market however......................

Well........

we all have our own theories on that.

i've no idea if the product is good or shoddy , to me its just another condo on just another golf course , they are springing up like mushrooms all over the place these days.

i doubt if joe cole or david beckham or her out of east enders or big brother will ever set foot in these purchases , their agents and their friends and their families will probably be giving them an occasional airing.

but the using of a name like joe cole by the marketing manager to talk up the product surely signifies some desperation , joe cole ? joe shmole.......... even in the deepest canyons of a marketing managers brain there must lurk one or two functioning brain cells that realise that these days , cashed up premiership footballers represent some of the most superficial and tasteless beings on the planet , why would anyone want to associate their product with one ? let alone credit them with bringing kudos to a whole town.

i think jo swain has gone troppo , she needs to get out of the sun.

i've no idea if the product is good or shoddy , to me its just another condo on just another golf course , they are springing up like mushrooms all over the place these days.

i doubt if joe cole or david beckham or her out of east enders or big brother will ever set foot in these purchases , their agents and their friends and their families will probably be giving them an occasional airing.

but the using of a name like joe cole by the marketing manager to talk up the product surely signifies some desperation , joe cole ? joe shmole.......... even in the deepest canyons of a marketing managers brain there must lurk one or two functioning brain cells that realise that these days , cashed up premiership footballers represent some of the most superficial and tasteless beings on the planet , why would anyone want to associate their product with one ? let alone credit them with bringing kudos to a whole town.

i think jo swain has gone troppo , she needs to get out of the sun.

Agreed, us that live here or anyone that has done some investigation would see straight through this, but...............

there are many that do not carry out due dilligence and a name like that could be enough to get pen to paper for them,

particulary from the asian market, I reckon it's good marketing, desperate for sure, but good none the less.

If you look at the marketing angles now compared to this time last year, they are greatly diminished, and this has without doubt had

IMPACT

Desperate times call for desperate (and expensive) measures.

• 1 year later...

Beckhams anger Buddhist monks

David and Victoria Beckham have angered Buddhist monks by installing a mosquito exterminator in their Thailand home, according to the Daily Star.

The couple put the device in their renovated property on the island of Koh Samui, but the monks have reportedly objected to it because they do not want the insects to be killed.

The hillside home cost the Beckhams 4.5 million euros when they purchased it in 2007, with refurbishments allegedly taking the price closer to 10 million.

Some one didn't get their slice of the pie and wants it delivered.

Pure BS.

Easy to find a monk saying don't harm living things.

Monks are not supposed to GET angry....

And they don't stop people topping pigs, chickens and cows daily.

Disease carrying mosquitos... the monks aren't worried.

Some one wants a cut from the big pie .

• 2 weeks later...
May be Robert and Brat, Boris would come on tennis racket with a dark skinned one on his back.....

serve it babyyyyyyyyy !!!

Now, if you recollect, he'd be more likely to fly in on a broomstick - seems to like his sorties in a broom-cupboard - remember? :o

Yes, you're right on there, Vulcan!

Well! the next thing he will build is a minature indoor football pitch for all his football mates from around the owrld; I guess that you can say good by to all the reasonabley priced land once his mates start making similar moves to buy there

ThaiItAgain

• 1 year later...
Hi everybody!

Do you know where is located the beckham's house on samui?

I'd like to have a look to, by boat.

Thank you :)

Its better viewed from the air. I can take you up in my hot air balloon but places are fully booked till after the world cup sorry. :D

ok, thanks for the advice, and could you please tell me where is the house? :D

Hi everybody!

Do you know where is located the beckham's house on samui?

I'd like to have a look to, by boat.

Thank you :)

Its better viewed from the air. I can take you up in my hot air balloon but places are fully booked till after the world cup sorry. :D

The location is a closely guarded secret....but if you visit Dreamgirls during Paris/Milan fashion week you can usually find David enjoying his freedom....ahem. :)

Also suggest you read page 1 of this thread for some handy clues. :D

I dont think beckham even knows where it is

Photos I've seen is of someone elses place

Just another scam in the Land of Scams.....

yes i hate to brake real estate secrets but they built the house and gave it to david beckam. truth is i don't know if he has even seen a picture of it. just a publicity stunt to boost land value arround his area. sorry real estate agents ha ha :):D:D

I dont think beckham even knows where it is

Photos I've seen is of someone elses place

Just another scam in the Land of Scams.....

Exactly. I would be amazed if he'd even heard of Samui. People in that financial/social league don't come to Samui. If by chance he does own it it's a tax write off that he's never heard of. :):D