Thai children’s IQ levels on the rise, over 10% above 130

snoop1130

IQ tests are considered no longer valid. Couple years ago the even started talking about EQ tests, and actually still are. 

Scientists and researchers and bar stool lawyers/teachers are always trying to come up with ways to measure people.

Just like big feet are equivalent to a big d_iu_ck. If that were the case I would be a modern day Dirk Diggler.

????

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I doubt this was an international test due to the language barrier. If it was set by Thai's of course the numbers given will be looked at sceptically. They have tried for years to set the National O-net Tests and still failed spectaculary with some of the questions and answers. Here's a classic to remember for the belly laughs it gave many....

Q2: If you have a sexual urge, what must you do?

a) Call friends to go play football.

b) Talk to your family.

c) Try to sleep.

d) Go out with a friend of the opposite sex.

e) Invite a close friend to see a movie.

f)

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

I doubt this was an international test due to the language barrier. If it was set by Thai's of course the numbers given will be looked at sceptically. 

That was news a few years ago, when bureaucrats established Thailand's own IQ scale, so internationally it's pretty useless. Using international standards, those 10% mentioned made it, perhaps, over the 90 mark.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Alas, the supplement works only with boys, not girls ????

Girls have other, more "traditional" roles to fulfill in Thai society. Way to go, to catch up with the 20th (no, I mean '20th') century...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

41 minutes ago, Robin said:

Read the link to the detailed survey results.  This suggests that the results given here are nonsense.  

e.g. worldwide only 2% have IQ above 130, so do not believe that Thai children are so much above the World average.

probably got the data from the same source as Anutin's tourist arrivals figures

Waning to Prayuth et al.,  Too intelligent a population might see through all you B/S and hold you to account.

I was among 9% when I scored 123 on an official mensa test in Norway i guess and not WW.

Interesting. Only 6.4% of the world have an IQ of level of 130 {superior}.

The article states this test was carried out on Grade 1 and 2 students{6 and7 years old}.

[The students in the photo are older than that].

Be that as it may all looks bright and and beautiful for Thailand's future.

1 hour ago, Freed1948 said:

Interesting. Only 6.4% of the world have an IQ of level of 130 {superior}.

The article states this test was carried out on Grade 1 and 2 students{6 and7 years old}.

[The students in the photo are older than that].

Be that as it may all looks bright and and beautiful for Thailand's future.

132 and greater 2% Mensa test.

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Which is 1 in 50 people, so it's pretty common.

To become a engineer 115, Dr 120 - 125 IQ in average. PHD in Physics average 145

Edited by Hummin

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yeah, the 'Thai IQ' again (vs. international standards), determined by using TAT calculators... ????

Yes, Thailand is truly amazing. They have now mastered the world, by stating Thai´s are 5 times smarter than the rest of the world population. That based on numbers showing that only 2,2 % of the worlds population have an IQ at 130 and over.

• Haha 2

10% ?  I call it BS.  Less than 3% of western countries populations have IQ above 130.  Thailand is well-known for geniuses.  555 And  look at the genius Tools running the country!   555

• Like 2