Thailand is approaching Covid-19 redefinition as ‘endemic’ but with no exact timeframe, Public Health Minister says

snoop1130

18 hours ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k you have to wear them outside so what your saying is stay in my room!   such a petty thing to whine about... what my civil liberties!!      pro-maskers make me laugh, as i said in previous post, you wasn't wearing them pre-covid so i can drive a bus through your argument. as there has always been plenty of viruses about which can kill the frail and elderly, but now you put on the holier than thou act saying you're doing it for the community. 

Many people are walking around without now, so what makes you say you 'have to wear them'. We do not have mask stops on the roads. I have heard of nobody being hassled in this way. 

Civil liberties, well the ones here are different but not necessarily less attractive.... 

If you expect the same ones you get 'at home', what is the point traveling so far?

Laugh as much as you like, I cannot see you behind the mask anyway. Quote me where I said I was doing it for the community... !

If you cannot make an argument without adding lies don't bother. Stop banging a drum about 'liberties', do that in your own country, and simply enjoy what Thailand has to offer. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, connda said:

It shows subservience.
Look around at pictures of unmasked Hi-Sos being waited on by fully-masked commoners. 

Silliness. Perhaps wearing motorcycle helmets shows subservience too! You build a strawman. 

18 hours ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k you have to wear them outside so what your saying is stay in my room!   such a petty thing to whine about... what my civil liberties!!      pro-maskers make me laugh, as i said in previous post, you wasn't wearing them pre-covid so i can drive a bus through your argument. as there has always been plenty of viruses about which can kill the frail and elderly, but now you put on the holier than thou act saying you're doing it for the community. 

I've never worn a mask in my MooBaan, hardly anyone does or ever did.

Nobody has ever suggested any of us should.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never worn a mask in my MooBaan, hardly anyone does or ever did.

Nobody has ever suggested any of us should.

Just anther cry baby.... like those people on Youtube who like to argue with the police about showing their licence and start banging on about the constitution'.....

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Just anther cry baby.... like those people on Youtube who like to argue with the police about showing their licence and start banging on about the constitution'.....

I just give the police 100bht, I don't wear a helmet, so there's little point in a licence, tax or insurance. The 100bht bribe 2x a year is much cheaper.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just give the police 100bht, I don't wear a helmet, so there's little point in a licence, tax or insurance. The 100bht bribe 2x a year is much cheaper.

I mentioned elsewhere I hear Pattaya police are fining no-helmet infringements 800 baht now. I show a Thai licence in town and that soon gets me waved on.. plus of course I have a helmet on in town. Around the village,  mostly not, never yet been stopped actually there. 

On 5/12/2022 at 1:00 AM, hotchilli said:

I personally don't have an issue with face mask wearing.

On flights or in close proximity to others in any location, it means I don't get infected with anything.

Just out of curiosity, do you intend to keep your mask on for the full duration of your long-haul flight (whether that be 12 hours +) or will you remove it for essential refreshments such as food and water? And if you DO remove your mask temporarily, why do you then think a circulating virus wouldn't choose that exact moment to infect you, especially as everybody else has removed their masks to replenish their bodies?

Personally, I don't have a problem if people want to adopt one-way masking, meaning they wear a mask in the belief that they are protecting themselves. But to insist that everybody else wear one because they don't trust their own vaccines or are hypochondriacs, has smacks of being stuck in a priggish world of Covid Puritanism. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/14/2022 at 6:25 PM, jacko45k said:

@jacko45k me the cry baby! you wearing a mask cuz you're scared of a getting a cold. man up