TrueVisions Cable TV & English audio & subtitles not available for foreign movies & other content

lowp

We have basic True cable TV service. For foreign movies (by this I mean where the default language is not English ie. French, Italian, German etc) the ability to select audio as English track shows as an option (accessed via the TV remote audio button) but never works. Meaning the English audio track never plays. Note: These are recent films that have English as either dubbed or subtitles when released. The same problem exists for turning on English subtitles (shows as a selectable option, but doesn't work). We have their provided standard digitalHDTV CATV table top box (coax cable input ~ 4 years old - hdmi out) with a TrueVisions labeled remote. Besides the movies on channel 224 and 29, the same lack of English audio track on exists on other channels like the nature/animal channel 559 that has a fair number of foreign language content. My inquiry to True support was never answered. My question is to find out is this a known problem? or do others get English audio with foreign movies with True - ie maybe a specific conversion box issue? or does True staff never bother to get English audio tracks and subtitles configured to work as their default business model?

I have the same comes free with home internet package, very limited channels, there is no problem with the audio, true has 2 options for language, thai or original, be it eng, french, german etc there is no eng soundtrack or subs for non english foreign movies or shows as the 2nd laguage is always thai.

I had the same problem. Probably True doesn't feed in the 2nd language audio. For Mono29 you can watch online on their website and change audio. I did it in my apartment many years ago before Netflix was available in Thailand. Now I don't bother anymore with it. I have Netflix plus Disney+ Hotstar and HBO from AIS and 3BB package. If there's some movie or series that isn't on streaming, it's downloaded via torrent in a few minutes with fibre speed internet