Suzuki Swift replace lost key fob

DJ54

Hello Members.  I’ve a 2012 Suzuki Swift and lost Key Fob with no extra fob. Anyone know a shop that can

replace Key Fob in Udon Thani or Khon Kaen.and what estimated cost are. Can start the car which is in our yard. Thanks and appreciate the help. 

555 I'm thinking of making a show “ Leave to Papa in law” or Mr. Empty pockets. 

Assuming you also lost the fob # issued.  Could go to the dealer and test which 'frequency' works on your car, and  if lucky, get one from them.  Would think they would have about 10 fobs around to try.

May even be registered in the car itself, as surely an issue that pops up every now & then.

Were you the original buyer ?

To my knowledge that info will be recorded by the supplying dealership.

Were you the original buyer when new ?  If not and its second hand then suggest discussing with local dealership how to resolve.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I bought in second hand 6 years ago .. asked if they had spare key .. unfortunately not. Called Suzuki dealer in UDT need to get police lost key report and a couple

of other things.. book etc. I’m told some can do it for 12,0000 sounds expensive to me….

luckily it’s used as spare car… had the keys hanging same place …. It he put it somewhere. 
i suggested he find the key or get a job… family doesn’t understand what he should pay..

anyway can’t dwell on it….  Thanks 

As you go into Udon Thani going past Makro, across from the football stadium there is a key maker that also does the remotes for cars.

If he can do it, the price will be magnitudes less than a dealer.

He's done replacement remotes for my gate several times.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:43 AM, DJ54 said:

I’m told some can do it for 12,0000 sounds expensive to me….

Keys are a nightmare these days.  Not sure about Thailand but in the UK registered locksmiths have access to the blade numbers for most makes - they don't often have access to the immobiliser codes.  Some can be read once they are in the car but some are just about impossible. 12,000 (which is what I think you mean) is quite cheap for a dealer price compared to the UK where they start at 20,000 and can go to double that if you don't have a key to clone.

I learned my lesson the hard way a long time ago - now I won't buy a secondhand car unless it has 2 working keys (always make sure they both work). If the seller cays they're available for 5000 and he'll knock that off the price - tell them you'll pay the extra 5000 and pick the car up with 2 keys.

I'm interested that you say you can start the car in your yard?  Is this a car with a separate blade and fob?  If its fitted with an immobiliser then the transponder is either in the key or the fob is pretty close - otherwise you wouldn't be starting it. Fallen under the seat?

Never tried but I'm pretty sure there will be some independent car locksmiths in Bangkok - Udon or KK, doubtful.

Fobs and remotes for some Suzuki models can be reprogrammed as a DIY job - check out google before you go buying an unprogrammed replacement.  I've just checked on the websites of UK independent locksmiths and you might be in luck - it seems thay can gain access to the codes or reprogramme your lock barrel and ignition lock.  I know its UK but this site is useful for information:

https://www.autotronics.co.uk/product/suzuki-swift-immobiliser-transponder-recoding-and-replacement-car-key-service

Edited by KhaoYai

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Keys are a nightmare these days.  Not sure about Thailand but in the UK registered locksmiths have access to the blade numbers for most makes - they don't often have access to the immobiliser codes.  Some can be read once they are in the car but some are just about impossible. 12,000 (which is what I think you mean) is quite cheap for a dealer price compared to the UK where they start at 20,000 and can go to double that if you don't have a key to clone.

I learned my lesson the hard way a long time ago - now I won't buy a secondhand car unless it has 2 working keys (always make sure they both work). If the seller cays they're available for 5000 and he'll knock that off the price - tell them you'll pay the extra 5000 and pick the car up with 2 keys.

I'm interested that you say you can start the car in your yard?  Is this a car with a separate blade and fob?  If its fitted with an immobiliser then the transponder is either in the key or the fob is pretty close - otherwise you wouldn't be starting it. Fallen under the seat?

Never tried but I'm pretty sure there will be some independent car locksmiths in Bangkok - Udon or KK, doubtful.

Fobs and remotes for some Suzuki models can be reprogrammed as a DIY job - check out google before you go buying an unprogrammed replacement.  I've just checked on the websites of UK independent locksmiths and you might be in luck - it seems thay can gain access to the codes or reprogramme your lock barrel and ignition lock.  I know its UK but this site is useful for information:

https://www.autotronics.co.uk/product/suzuki-swift-immobiliser-transponder-recoding-and-replacement-car-key-service

Thanks for the reply I’ll check it out. Sorry for the confusion …. Can not start car 

9 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

As you go into Udon Thani going past Makro, across from the football stadium there is a key maker that also does the remotes for cars.

If he can do it, the price will be magnitudes less than a dealer.

He's done replacement remotes for my gate several times.

Thanks I’ll check it out

On 5/16/2022 at 3:10 AM, KhaoYai said:

Your comments on the U.K. are spot on and that scarcity and restrictions on replacement key availability and virtual impossibility of any swift mobilisation of the vast majority of cars without the keys is the reason for the vast reduction in car theft in recent Years that doesn’t involve getting the keys. It has also fuelled a rise in robberies where the house is occupied mainly to get the car keys.

Regrettably the anti theft measures in cars in the U.K. are not universal to the cars just particular markets. Cars have significantly different items in different markets. An example is that in the U.K. it’s virtually impossible to get a car that doesn’t have cabin heat, in Thailand the majority of the less expensive cars don’t have cabin heat.

So drawing conclusions from the market U.K. about the Thai market is often wrong.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Thailand the majority of the less expensive cars don’t have cabin heat.

Up here in the NE one cold early early morning had to drive to Udon Thani I only had one light jacket

and someone borrowed it and hadn’t brought it back. Was in a t-shirt no other warm clothes. Thought 

that’s ok I’ll turn the heat on in the M-UX… looked and looked … where’s the fudducking heater switch..car was 6 months old.., it didn’t have one.. thought it was strange no heater but TIT… 

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So drawing conclusions from the market U.K. about the Thai market is often wrong.

I believe I pointed that out and made it clear I was refering to the UK.  I'm a retired mechanic and so I'm aware of market differences but such differences rarely apply to car security.

I completely agree with your comments about the consequeces of increased security. In the UK we have now 'protected the car' but put the owner at risk.  Break ins, car jacks etc. - I hate to think what's coming if they move to fingerprint recognition.

• Like 1

In Udon a shop called Master Key can more than likely get you a new remote and program it. They are on Naresoun Rd, the traffic light nearest Udon Immigration, 1 short block off of the “T” with Posri Rd. Actually, if you come out the”L” road that immigration is on, you’ll run right in to it! Not literally, please.

Good luck!

Edited by Kwarium
Typo