Jump to content

wood for concrete & walkways


djlest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wow its tough finding large planks of wood here. Does anyone know some places around bangkok area i can source the following or similar?

 

i have some ceiling work & concrete work and so do not require pretty wood, and old but solid wood will do.

 

i tried thaiwatsadu & a small local wood shop. Whats everyone else using?

A4A399CF-C560-4A04-8EF9-8C2D93ECFE1B.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I use to do some shuttering work for concrete I got the Mrs to borrow planks from one of the local builder's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually the local construction supply will have wood to make forms.  Not pretty, not very straight but usually good enough for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of concrete forms are mostly going to die-formed steel anymore. You might go with the cheap C-channel they sell everywhere. 

 

I think it's hard to find heavy. inexpensive planks here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this to use up in the celling area on a permanent basis?  If yes, how about several 6 meter steel tubes strong enough to walk across, I'd worry bugs or constant heat would damage/weaken those wood planks.

 

tor-steels-250x250.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bbko said:

Is this to use up in the celling area on a permanent basis?  If yes, how about several 6 meter steel tubes strong enough to walk across, I'd worry bugs or constant heat would damage/weaken those wood planks.

 

tor-steels-250x250.jpg

I think C-channel is generally used and is (in my opinion) much better than tubing.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think C-channel is generally used and is (in my opinion) much better than tubing.  

Yes, tubing could give mice/rats a place to set up their nest, so long as C-channel is easy to walk/balance across I agree. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, bbko said:

Yes, tubing could give mice/rats a place to set up their nest, so long as C-channel is easy to walk/balance across I agree. 

And channel is cheaper, can be fully painted, does not collet water and is easier to bolt, screw, weld and clamp.

 

You can even get C-channel in galvanized and custom lengths, although it's more difficult to find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...