wood for concrete & walkways

djlest

Wow its tough finding large planks of wood here. Does anyone know some places around bangkok area i can source the following or similar?

i have some ceiling work & concrete work and so do not require pretty wood, and old but solid wood will do.

i tried thaiwatsadu & a small local wood shop. Whats everyone else using?

A4A399CF-C560-4A04-8EF9-8C2D93ECFE1B.png

I think a lot of concrete forms are mostly going to die-formed steel anymore. You might go with the cheap C-channel they sell everywhere. 

I think it's hard to find heavy. inexpensive planks here.  

Is this to use up in the celling area on a permanent basis?  If yes, how about several 6 meter steel tubes strong enough to walk across, I'd worry bugs or constant heat would damage/weaken those wood planks.

tor-steels-250x250.jpg

7 hours ago, bbko said:

Is this to use up in the celling area on a permanent basis?  If yes, how about several 6 meter steel tubes strong enough to walk across, I'd worry bugs or constant heat would damage/weaken those wood planks.

tor-steels-250x250.jpg

I think C-channel is generally used and is (in my opinion) much better than tubing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think C-channel is generally used and is (in my opinion) much better than tubing.  

Yes, tubing could give mice/rats a place to set up their nest, so long as C-channel is easy to walk/balance across I agree. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, bbko said:

Yes, tubing could give mice/rats a place to set up their nest, so long as C-channel is easy to walk/balance across I agree. 

And channel is cheaper, can be fully painted, does not collet water and is easier to bolt, screw, weld and clamp.

You can even get C-channel in galvanized and custom lengths, although it's more difficult to find.