Golf Teacher Recommendations

Jonny B

Big Tony who teaches down at 42 Golf Driving Range on Sukhumvit near ekkamai is simply one of the best there is anywhere.

He is Thai, but lived in California for most of his life, so he is American for all practical purposes. He found holes in my swing in a few minutes other teachers never showed me. Huge difference in how I approach the game now and tons more fun shooting better.

Dr. B.

• 2 weeks later...
Big Tony who teaches down at 42 Golf Driving Range on Sukhumvit

Would an appropriate nickname be ...... "Tin Krup" ?? :o

All kidding aside, I would recommend a driving range pro for any beginner. They are capable of teaching all the basics well at a fraction of the cost of a country club pro.

Ok, will post my own reply to help others. I had a lesson today with a guy named (pronounced Orm) at the 42 Tee Off Driving Range in bkk. He is thai but has very good english and was more than satisfied with his tuition.

his price is 1000 baht per 1 hour lesson or 7000 baht for 10 lessons.

there are quite a few other teachers there also, thai, korean, japanese and farang but i dont know what they are like, altho the farang teachers are 2000 baht upwards i believe.

Ok, will post my own reply to help others. I had a lesson today with a guy named (pronounced Orm) at the 42 Tee Off Driving Range in bkk. He is thai but has very good english and was more than satisfied with his tuition.

his price is 1000 baht per 1 hour lesson or 7000 baht for 10 lessons.

there are quite a few other teachers there also, thai, korean, japanese and farang but i dont know what they are like, altho the farang teachers are 2000 baht upwards i believe.

The farang is named Steve and is Scottish. He has my kid half interested in golf which is more than anyone else has been able to accomplish. I know the Thai and agree, he is good value for the money.

I have a friend inquiring about golf instructors in Pattaya. Did you ever find one?

Thanks.

could you please send me steves number thanks Old Man River. No i didnt find any1 in pattaya mate, i got the number of some pattaya golf academy in theprasit somewhere but the number is unreachable, maybe theyve changed it or shut down, has anybody heard of or been there?

cheers

could you please send me steves number thanks Old Man River. No i didnt find any1 in pattaya mate, i got the number of some pattaya golf academy in theprasit somewhere but the number is unreachable, maybe theyve changed it or shut down, has anybody heard of or been there?

cheers

Re Steve's number, my kid took the lessons as part of a group from her school and the school is now closed for summer vacation. I will try and find out, but according to www.thaigolfer.com the range's phone # is 02-712-1541-2. If you just call the range (42 Tee Off) and ask for Khun Steve they should be able to help you. From memory, his last name is Hamilton.

ok thanks mate, sorry i was after the scottish guy who teaches at pattaya 3rd road driving range or is that the same guy? anyhow will look into steve at 42, will be there on the weekend, thanks old man river.