Thailand Pass - change of travel date

I already have my Thailand Pass, but unexpectedly I may need to change my travel date by two weeks. Is it simply a matter of applying for a new pass and disregarding the existing one ?

You can submit again without needing to do anything with your previous submission.

There is no rule on how many approved/rejected Thailand Pass applications you can have, however there is a limit of 2 concurrent pending applications.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, insurance is probably OK as it is, I bought 60 days cover and I'll be traveling 2 weeks earlier, so that still leaves 45 days post-arrival. But I'll probably change it anyway to avoid possible confusion.

Ah, well my travel plans have changed again. I'm not used to this situation ! 

I've had to change my flight to exactly 1 week earlier - 24th May instead of 31st May.  Same flight number same departure time but 7 days earlier. I assume I can just use the same Thailand pass ?  I'll contact MSIG on Monday to change the start date of the insurance policy.

You can apply for as many TP's as you like.

I recently returned with T & G and then TP was still valid but i wanted to see what the process was for TP with 'no quarantine' mentioned so applied for one and used this to enter, no problem.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct since it will only be 7 days.

Yes, they say "Within 7 days" but you never know if something got lost in the translation, or if they may interpret differently...

However I just looked at the Thailand Pass itself again, and it has the actual dates stated on it, "Valid For Entry From" and "Valid For Entry Until".  Crystal clear, sorry for wasting everyone's time :shock1:

If anyone is still reading - MSIG cannot change the dates on their Thailand Pass insurance policies. You have to buy a new one, and if you then email them the new airline ticket they will refund the old policy (which is not immediate)

30 minutes ago, internationalism said:

fwd covid only policy from 650b per month or from 4200b per year. They do issue and send policy instantly

Yes, but it is worthless if you don't take a pre-departure PCR test. If you just want something to satisfy Thailand Pass process then OK of course.

Just now, Tuvoc said:

Yes, but it is worthless if you don't take a pre-departure PCR test. If you just want something to satisfy Thailand Pass process then OK of course.

yes, it's valid only 14 days after an entry.

But if you are planning long stay or multiple entry within a year, it's the cheapest. With the next entries it's valid from day 1.

You have it instant. Not sure about their competitors

22 hours ago, internationalism said:

yes, it's valid only 14 days after an entry.

But if you are planning long stay or multiple entry within a year, it's the cheapest. With the next entries it's valid from day 1.

You have it instant. Not sure about their competitors

That policy is fantastic value in that situation then.

I looked at the MSIG Policy wording - the cover ends on the earliest of your departure from Thailand or the policy end date. So it will cover one trip only.