Indians lead the way to recover Phuket tourism with largest number of arrivals since Test and Go dropped

webfact

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes India town in Pattaya is opening  up too

Noticed myself at the beginning of the month.

And I swear: most walk in a group of three.

Something behind?

• Like 1

"The number of Indian nationals who arrived in Phuket from May 1st to May 18th, 2022 is 12,200, which by far is number one from every foreign country. ... In order, the other top arrival countries:

Australian – 4,951

Singaporean -3,615

British – 3,361

Russian – 2,389

...."

2,389 Russians?  What was their port of embarkation?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

A bunch of losers who are no body in their home land and living like legally but refugees in a foreign land is showing their racist attitudes towards another ethnicity because their stomachs are churning up with the news. Of course most Indians are perhaps coming with their families unlike single westerners who are in search of their brides because they can't get one in their own country.

Of curse and perhaps in the same sentence!!

57 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

why many Thai women will confess to loathing them.

True, and in my experience of 16 years here in Patong, I've heard that from numerous Thai women, and the reasons they give are; – they smell through poor personal hygiene, they are extremely "tight" with their money and they are generally unpleasant to women! I'm sure there are more but can't think of them at the moment.

A couple of instances come to mind, where a woman I know who owns/manages a massage parlour was asked by an Indian guy who decided to come in for a massage, if she would take 20 baht to cover the "extras" he wanted, which of course was refused and he was given short shrift and ushered out of the place.

An incident I witnessed a few years ago at a bar in Soi Sea Dragon was pretty typical – – three Indian guys were looking for some women to "satisfy their needs" and were having no luck at several bars they visited, the owners of whom I knew, however they came to the bar which I was at and none of the girls wanted to know them and basically moved away, however there was one really fat, ugly lady boy at the other end of the bar, and she eventually agreed to go with the three of them.

The thought of it almost made me sick.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:50 AM, JimHuaHin said:

Can't find nonstop connections.

But multiple options from Moscow with the Middle Eastern airlines (Emirates, Qatar..).

There is no mobilization/travel forbidden (as far as I know) and no airspace closures on the these routes.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, ezzra said:

Hopefully not many of them wears gold ornaments and Phuket Transvestite are not into removing them for the unsuspecting Indian tourists... 

Most transvestite work in ordinary  jobs and are not thieves. Have you ever been to Thailand or read newspapers  about trans issues around the world?

On 5/21/2022 at 5:29 PM, xylophone said:

True, and in my experience of 16 years here in Patong, I've heard that from numerous Thai women, and the reasons they give are; – they smell through poor personal hygiene, they are extremely "tight" with their money and they are generally unpleasant to women! I'm sure there are more but can't think of them at the moment.

A couple of instances come to mind, where a woman I know who owns/manages a massage parlour was asked by an Indian guy who decided to come in for a massage, if she would take 20 baht to cover the "extras" he wanted, which of course was refused and he was given short shrift and ushered out of the place.

An incident I witnessed a few years ago at a bar in Soi Sea Dragon was pretty typical – – three Indian guys were looking for some women to "satisfy their needs" and were having no luck at several bars they visited, the owners of whom I knew, however they came to the bar which I was at and none of the girls wanted to know them and basically moved away, however there was one really fat, ugly lady boy at the other end of the bar, and she eventually agreed to go with the three of them.

The thought of it almost made me sick.

You do seem to have a good time in Phuket!

• Haha 1

If Thai bar girls don't like Indian  men why do  they charge  them half  what they charge farang?

As for body odour - Indian  men don't have a monopoly  on that!

I know some Thai BGs say they don't like Indian  men...SAY..Usually to a farang. LOL And it pleases the racist farang but I know  some Thai  BGs prefer Indian  men especially if they are wealthy.

The reason? Better teeth, more polite, better dancers, more fun, less drunk, faster in bed!

TBGs don't like smelly men - Indian  or European  and yes, Guess what? sometimes ThaivBar girls  can be a bit racist.

Thai girls are charming fun and part of their brilliant  skill is telling a man what he wants  to hear. LOL

Guess, just guess what Thai  girls say to their Indian boyfriends about  farang?!

• Confused 2

On 5/21/2022 at 2:50 AM, JimHuaHin said:

"The number of Indian nationals who arrived in Phuket from May 1st to May 18th, 2022 is 12,200, which by far is number one from every foreign country. ... In order, the other top arrival countries:

Australian – 4,951

Singaporean -3,615

British – 3,361

Russian – 2,389

...."

Marioupol