Thai wife arriving with daughter who has a British passport

Hello.

I am already in England but my Thai wife and baby ( British / Thai) will fly and arrive at Heathrow from Bangkok. I'm seeing queues of 3 hours long at Heathrow at the time their flight will land. My daughter is 13 months old and holds a British passport.  Will they be able to skip the queue as my daughter is British but too young to use the e-gates? The usual fast track paid service is currently unavailable. 

Thanks 

Edited by SimonR123

I know when I fly in with my Thai wife we go through the UK queue - sorry don't know about a child. I'd have my doubts if they'd send her to the Non-UK queue, that's assuming the baby is coming in on her British passport.

I believe there are staff before the queues your wife could ask.

Where are you seeing the queue times of 3 hours, is this a website or just what is reported in the press?

My Thai wife flies back into LHR tomorrow and I'm picking her up from the airport. I was trying to find any info' on wait times and couldn't find anything - their SLA is meant to be 45 mins.

There are no Covid/Passenger Locator forms anymore so much reduced checking.

Edited by Pmbkk

Assuming Heathrow Terminal 2 then there is a faster entry queue for families with small children. As your wife is Thai passport holder she will need to use the manned desks - e-gate not an option. Advise her to get seating as far forward on the plane, disembark swiftly and walk fast to the immigration. In my UK business we are meeting arrivals in T2 often and recently it has taken passengers 40-90 minutes from flight landing to getting out of the airport. It can depend on timing and how many big flights arrive just ahead. 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 12:52 AM, Pmbkk said:

I was trying to find any info' on wait times and couldn't find anything - their SLA is meant to be 45 mins.

I think you'll find that SLA applies the handling of People of Reduced Mobility and Disabled Persons by the airport operators under their obligations for Passenger Assistance Services, either from notifying of the requirement on arrival or, if pre-booked 45 mins of "on chocks".

The UKBF does have Performance Targets at LHR for the processing of arrivals at the Border, not SLA's, which is also 45 mins, this target was achieved by 89.38%, 88.65% and 96.92% in Terminals 2, 3 and 5 respectively in April.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, Pmbkk said:

As an update - the missus landed at Heathrow T3 via Emirates at 20.15 ( on time ) in economy, she was out through passport control, pick up suitcase, customs and into the Car park building opposite in less than an hour. Maybe she was just lucky - she reckoned about 60 people in front of her.

Anyone coming from the West, there's a nice(it's not bells and whistles,but rustic) pub called the Green Man by Hatton Cross station off the A30.

Has a large garden and 7 mins to the T1-3 car park

Have a drink there as the current T3 parking charges are 5.20 for 29 mins from entry ( considering the queue to get in you have to be L.C. ).

Note: I have no association with the above,  haven't been in there for the last 15 years, but I was a consultant travelling abroad every 1 to 5 days per week