Mazda cx50 coming to Thailand

Does anyone  know if & when the new mazda cx50 is coming to Thailand, I presently own a 2013 Mazda cx5 & am looking at buying a new car I like the new cx5 & the cx50 or even the new cx8 ( maybe a bit too big )

My cx5 I have has been superb only needed 2 new batteries  & new tyres since I've had it ( nearly 10 yrs) Regularly  serviced at Mazda Cm who have been really good also

Have test driven the Ford everest (Too much like driving a pick up it's based on ) so didn't  like it, fortuner same so am going to try the new crv see what that's like

Any thoughts

Regards

• Like 1

Its a good question...    I agree on the drive of the Fortuna and Everest... I likened it to driving a barge up Sukhumvit Rd.

We too have a CX-5 (3 or 4 years now), its been excellent. I never imagined I’d have a Mazda (we’d had a BMX X5 before that), the CX-5 was an easy choice.

Just last week I looked at the ‘next option’ and searched for Mazda’s next incarnation of CX-5 equivalent and didn’t see what may arrive in Thailand this year but assume the CX-50 will arrive (its lower, wider, longer than the CX-5)... 

As the CX-8 is too big for you the alternative KIA carnival probably isn’t an option but it offers an unsurpassed level of practicality (i.e. throwing mountain bikes in the back etc).

What to get after a CX-5 ???... I can only say, another CX-5 or Mazda equivalent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its a good question...    I agree on the drive of the Fortuna and Everest... I likened it to driving a barge up Sukhumvit Rd.

We too have a CX-5 (3 or 4 years now), its been excellent. I never imagined I’d have a Mazda (we’d had a BMX X5 before that), the CX-5 was an easy choice.

Just last week I looked at the ‘next option’ and searched for Mazda’s next incarnation of CX-5 equivalent and didn’t see what may arrive in Thailand this year but assume the CX-50 will arrive (its lower, wider, longer than the CX-5)... 

As the CX-8 is too big for you the alternative KIA carnival probably isn’t an option but it offers an unsurpassed level of practicality (i.e. throwing mountain bikes in the back etc).

What to get after a CX-5 ???... I can only say, another CX-5 or Mazda equivalent.

CX5  hybrid ....

https://mazdaredesign.com/new-2021-mazda-cx-5-hybrid-release-date-price/

https://www.chasingcars.com.au/news/future-cars/mazda-cx-5-2023-hybrid-firms-for-popular-midsize-suv/

You could save yourself at least 300k baht, and just get the CX-30, which the CX-50 is built on.

And to get the higher performance it quotes, requires 93 octane, and 95 here is running 50+ baht a liter, I think, and at 23/30 mpg, that could get a bit expensive to operate.

image.png.d2b7e487f0db563cfe8c92adca43cd57.png

Edited by KhunLA

Update - Just test drove the CRV today & I'm very impressed  considering I can get the 7 seater( fold down flat rear row ) for about 100k baht cheaper than 7 seater mazda (Cx8) & I will got for the 2 wheel drive as I have the AWD mazda & it's never kicked into 4wd in the 10 years I've had it so pretty  pointless  unless your going offroad

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2022 at 12:44 PM, thaiscot said:

Update - Just test drove the CRV today & I'm very impressed  considering I can get the 7 seater( fold down flat rear row ) for about 100k baht cheaper than 7 seater mazda (Cx8) & I will got for the 2 wheel drive as I have the AWD mazda & it's never kicked into 4wd in the 10 years I've had it so pretty  pointless  unless your going offroad

I have to ask; how did you find the CVT gearbox on the CRV?

Both toyota and Honda are now using CVTs in the models they sell here, and whenever I watch a review of a car with CVT, and it has this contstant rev - clutch slipping like sound when they boot it, well, i lose interest.

On 6/21/2023 at 10:05 PM, Sigma6 said:

I have to ask; how did you find the CVT gearbox on the CRV?

Both toyota and Honda are now using CVTs in the models they sell here, and whenever I watch a review of a car with CVT, and it has this contstant rev - clutch slipping like sound when they boot it, well, i lose interest.

I rented a Toyota hybrid C-HR in Portugal. Horrible constant whining noise on the motorway. I think this was from the CVT transmission.

12 hours ago, pj123 said:

I rented a Toyota hybrid C-HR in Portugal. Horrible constant whining noise on the motorway. I think this was from the CVT transmission.

Like this you mean? theres no shifts