Coming off testosterone/TRT

This is just my report, because it looks like quite a few people here are on testosterone, so might be of interest to some.

I was on "TRT" for 2 years.

To be clear: In my case it wasn't actual TRT, because it wasn't medically necessary and I used a dosage which put me above a natural level (I tried different dosages, but somewhere in the 1000-1500 range)

Don't be stupid, before you do anything like that consult with a doctor.

Before I started injecting Testosterone I checked my natural testosterone level, which was at about 5xx.

I decided to come off because we planned to have a baby and when I checked my sperm level, it turned out that I don't have any, which is a common side effect when injecting testosterone for a prolonged period of time.

I was injecting testosterone enanthate.

At first I stopped the injections for a month.

Then I followed this up by a month of PCT (Clomid, 25mg per day), to get Clomid I had to see a doctor, because it's a controlled drug in Thailand

Again one month later (so 3 months since my last injection) I checked my testosterone level, and it was back at my natural level at 5xx.

Some people complain about being "down", like no energy, no sex drive, might not get an erection etc. when coming off and before the body starts producing natural testosterone again.

I didn't notice any such temporary "down".

Compared to when I was on testosterone, I now feel slightly less energetic, lost some muscle, got some fat, a bit reduced sex drive, but I would say this is simply due to the difference of my natural to my boosted testosterone level.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Confused 1