Marriage visa extension

Hello, 

I'm going to apply for an extension of stay based on marriage this Friday, I just have a couple of questions regarding the checklist/documents etc. : 

1. I am currently on a non-o 90 day visiting wife visa, which expires June 24th. Is this adequate time to apply for the extension of stay this Friday? (e.g. over 2 weeks) ? 

2. Can I use the same photographs as last year, of my wife and I outside our property and around our house?

3. Is it possible to obtain the letter from the bank stating I have 400K in the bank, on Thursday and apply on Friday? (I wouldn't normally but we will be very tight for time on Friday, and the bank takes several hours to get the letter from head office).  

4. the proof of address is my father in-laws house, of which my wife is also named on the Tabien. Is a copy of his ID card, and all pages of the Tabien enough for proof of address? (or is some signed letter required)

Thank you very much, 

Joe 

1. Yes

2. You could try but some offices may check their file for the previous one to compare the photos.

3. Most offices will accept a letter from the bank done the day before. But they will want a copy of your bank book updated on the day you apply.

4. Yes You will only need copies of page 1 of the bank book and the page she is shown on. The may also want the page her father's name is on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just went through this om Monday. My advice is go to immigration and ask them to tell you exactly what you need.

What people tell you here is irrelevant. Every immigration has its own requirements which are not listed anywhere.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Yes

2. You could try but some offices may check their file for the previous one to compare the photos.

3. Most offices will accept a letter from the bank done the day before. But they will want a copy of your bank book updated on the day you apply.

4. Yes You will only need copies of page 1 of the bank book and the page she is shown on. The may also want the page her father's name is on.

The only thing I would add here is you may want to take her father also. Some offices require a witness to be physically present and 1 they would see again when they visit always helps. :wai:

5 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Ubonjoe is correct in what he stated, as some have said check you local IMO as many make up their own quirky rules. FACT.

That is possible but not normal. If you have everything that is this list of requirements there is not much more than they can possibley ask for. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

The witness part if one or more is needed can vary from office to office.