Fishing fly in Thailand (Chiang Mai)

BenoitF

Hi all!
I'm working for a business that is buying flies oversea (mainly Africa and Sri Lanka for the moment), and we would like to find flies manufacturers in Chiang Mai. Apparently, it's the best place for the quality and quantity, but I cannot find any information of actual wholesalers in this region other that foreing-owned factory that doesn't sell to anyone else. Can someone help me to find wholesaler/factory that are currently tying?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, BenoitF said:

it's the best place for the quality and quantity,

Maybe ask who told you this? Have you seen the movie "Fly Fishing in The Yemen"? Most Thais simply fish the river using trolling lures, or better still, large nets. Much easier and better results. 

8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Maybe ask who told you this? Have you seen the movie "Fly Fishing in The Yemen"? Most Thais simply fish the river using trolling lures, or better still, large nets. Much easier and better results. 

He is talking about manufactures. Yes, they have a good reputation and produce for export only. I know where one factory is located as I cycled in that area a lot I don't have any contact information. I think it is the one that he knows about. Don't know of any wholesaler, that factory most have a good customers base and does not use (need) a wholesaler.

Edited by SomchaiCNX