Debt Collector Who Brutally Beat Up Young Woman Arrested

webfact

image.jpeg

TNR Staff

AFTER a video clip of a debt collector violently beating up a young woman who failed to pay up went viral on social media Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) provincial police last evening (May 24) arrested and filed three charges against him, Naewna newspaper said.

In the video clip the debt collector, Mr. Supachai (surname withheld), or Toei, 29, is seen hitting and kicking the young debtor and also pulling her hair while she took all the blows without resisting in any way.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

This incident occurred at noon on May 22 at Hin Dat subdistrict, Dan Khun Thot district, with the unidentified 23-year-old woman later filing a complaint at Hin Dat police station.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/05/25/debt-collector-who-brutally-beat-up-young-woman-arrested/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I hope the "convict code", the rules and values that have developed among prisoners and inside the prisons social system will prevail.

Karma is b*tch!

Soon to be him I hope.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thai people should stop getting loans from other people.. Interests are too high and some people must be paid back whatever it costs . Than  you get situations like this. Education how to spend money that you earn is a must. Don't buy anything if you can't afford it and don't borrow if you can't pay back. Thai sosciety is based on the image that you must look "rich" and can not be poor, the reason why many people spent too much money and the household debts are so high. It is the blame of the Government that encourage people to go on holiday, give extra holidays, and doesn't educate people

never going to happen 

many thais i know live for today spend spend like have loads ..when they run out borrow more .sorted 

3 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

never going to happen 

many thais i know live for today spend spend like have loads ..when they run out borrow more .sorted 

I know, but is teaching them how much money for what , how and when??? and who is telling them that they will only have more problems the more they borrow?? and the consquences of their spendings?? In my neighbourhood the same......Thai culture is show that you have money even if you don't have any.... It needs culture change

8 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I know, but is teaching them how much money for what , how and when??? and who is telling them that they will only have more problems the more they borrow?? and the consquences of their spendings?? In my neighbourhood the same......Thai culture is show that you have money even if you don't have any.... It needs culture change

yes i agree its all about look what i have ..

But really what i don't have eh

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"Debt Collector Who Brutally Beat Up Young Woman"

Did he also beat up men and not so young women. Or is that less important?

He'd take a few friends along for the men.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thai people should stop getting loans from other people

Yes agree with you but this is Thailand and although many borrow for wants some do for needs, especially in desperation. It's a very sad situation, and banks do not usually come to the rescue. For example: baby needs a serious operation right away or needs ICU etc. Or charged with a crime that you didn't do, need a payoff to you know who or a lawyer. There are many desperate situation here where there just is no money when there has to be! I feel terrible for people in that situation and the scum loan sharks are the only place to go. It's pathetic.

1 minute ago, 300sd said:

Yes agree with you but this is Thailand and although many borrow for wants some do for needs, especially in desperation. It's a very sad situation, and banks do not usually come to the rescue. For example: baby needs a serious operation right away or needs ICU etc. Or charged with a crime that you didn't do, need a payoff to you know who or a lawyer. There are many desperate situation here where there just is no money when there has to be! I feel terrible for people in that situation and the scum loan sharks are the only place to go. It's pathetic.

That is terrible yes ineed, but I know that a lot of Thai people are gambling and they loan to gamble more to win back their losses and lose again and don'y can pay bills anymore and loan for that too and so on and so on... and the debts are rising.. But if they need money for medical or school for me no problem I will help hem but not by giving money but buying the things they need so that I know that the money is spend where is was meant for

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thai people should stop getting loans from other people.. Interests are too high and some people must be paid back whatever it costs . Than  you get situations like this. Education how to spend money that you earn is a must. Don't buy anything if you can't afford it and don't borrow if you can't pay back. Thai sosciety is based on the image that you must look "rich" and can not be poor, the reason why many people spent too much money and the household debts are so high. It is the blame of the Government that encourage people to go on holiday, give extra holidays, and doesn't educate people

Folk who use these people are those with sod all, let alone a bank account. The country is full of the dodgy lenders, though not all like this guy, but usually borrowers know who they are lending from and the possible repercussions of non-payments...????

My ex had a case like that at home, in fact, 2 different cases.

Her sister who lives there, borrowed money to pay for her boyfriend to go to Korea for work.
She borrowed from a loan shark to pay for flight and to get started.
Things didn't went as planned.
Guess who paid the mafia back. My ex and 2 other sisters.

Next thing was:

She stole land title from her mom and went to a friend's husband.  Her best friend's husband is bank branch manager close to the village.
He decided to borrow her the money she needed privately and asked in return the title.

Guess what. She did not pay back and suddenly, friend's husband wanted the land.
Who bailed her out again? Sisters.

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I hope the "convict code", the rules and values that have developed among prisoners and inside the prisons social system will prevail.

Karma is b*tch!

Mate, this is Thailand.

• Like 1