Re Entry Permit

I Arrived in Thailand  3 weeks ago on a non o multi entry  evisa from  London Consulate  which I will make a retirement  extension with but will leave the country  for work in a week then return  after 1 month ( will make the retirement  extension  when I return) I know I will need to get a reentry  permit but I forgot to do the TM30 when I arrived 

Will this affect my ability  to get the re entry at Bkk Airport  when I fly out ?

Regards

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa a re-entry would not be needed. Not sure you have a multiple entry visa since as far as I know the embassy in London does not issue them.

A re-entry permit would only keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you enter the country.

A TM30 report is not required to apply for a re-entry permit at a airport.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa a re-entry would not be needed. Not sure you have a multiple entry visa since as far as I know the embassy in London does not issue them.

A re-entry permit would only keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you enter the country.

A TM30 report is not required to apply for a re-entry permit at a airport.

image.png.8286bb299a7319bf968b8e0657f053c7.png

Hi 

Attached is a photo of my evisa & it states multi entry  as that is what I applied for as I work away & will fly out to work for 4 weeks then return ( with my non o still valid ) then do retirement  extension  when I get back next time

When I flew in this time I was stamped in for 90 days so what happens to my visa when I leave as will get a re entry  permit if I have to

15 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Attached is a photo of my evisa & it states multi entry  as that is what I applied for as I work away & will fly out to work for 4 weeks then return ( with my non o still valid ) then do retirement  extension  when I get back next time

Your is first post I have seen of somebody getting a multiple entry non-o visa from the embassy in London.

Was it issued based upon retirement or marriage to a Thai.

If you will still be working and traveling there is no need to get a extension of stay based upon retirement until your visa expires on May 3rd of next year. You can use it and get a 90 day stay until that day next year.

15 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

When I flew in this time I was stamped in for 90 days so what happens to my visa when I leave as will get a re entry  permit if I have to

Your visa is still valid. No need for a re-entry permit. You will show your e visa when you enter the country after your trip.

29 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Hi 

As uj outlined appears that you have a multi entry non O based on retirement. 

That's valid for one year.

Each entry gives you a 90 day permission of stay. 

You do not require a reentry permit. 

Thinking retirement as you didn't mention anything about marriage.

I have never seen one of these visas.

I have heard of them available from Savannakhet based on retirement but never read of report of someone obtaining one.

Of course ME non O marriage is very common..

Thanks for posting your visa. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As uj outlined appears that you have a multi entry non O based on retirement. 

That's valid for one year.

Each entry gives you a 90 day permission of stay. 

You do not require a reentry permit. 

Thinking retirement as you didn't mention anything about marriage.

I have never seen one of these visas.

I have heard of them available from Savannakhet based on retirement but never read of report of someone obtaining one.

Of course ME non O marriage is very common..

Thanks for posting your visa. 

Hi

I just applied for an evisa from London & Attached my Marrage cert , my Daughter's  birth cert & Bank statements as it asked for bank statements  showing at least 20k GBP in the account I never applied for retirement  as I was going to make a retirement  extension  after my 90 days

27 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Hi

I just applied for an evisa from London & Attached my Marrage cert , my Daughter's  birth cert & Bank statements as it asked for bank statements  showing at least 20k GBP in the account I never applied for retirement  as I was going to make a retirement  extension  after my 90 days

OK ...that explains a lot.

You have a multiple entry non O based on marriage.

Handy visa.

Suggest you get the value out of the ME non O and use it for year+.

You are only given a 90 day permit upon each entry and note you can obtain a 60 extension "to visit wife" for each entry.

Exit and reenter just prior to 3 May 2023 and you will be stamped in for 90 days + 60 days with extension if you opt for that.

Ripper visa 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OK ...that explains a lot.

You have a multiple entry non O based on marriage.

Handy visa.

Suggest you get the value out of the ME non O and use it for year+.

You are only given a 90 day permit upon each entry and note you can obtain a 60 extension "to visit wife" for each entry.

Exit and reenter just prior to 3 May 2023 and you will be stamped in for 90 days + 60 days with extension if you opt for that.

Ripper visa 

OK just not sure if I only got 90 days then would need an extension of stay after that or what . I also noticed  a typo on my post saying to show 20k GBP it was supposed to say 10k GBP I had to show

7 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

OK just not sure if I only got 90 days then would need an extension of stay after that or what . I also noticed  a typo on my post saying to show 20k GBP it was supposed to say 10k GBP I had to show

When you wish to move to 12 month extension based on marriage you can do that by satisfying the financial requirements. 

Edit: just had another read of your post....with your ME non O you are stamped in for 90 days. 

Prior to expiry of that 90 day permit you need to exit and reenter. 

You would be then stamped in for another 90.

As mentioned previously for each entry you can also obtain a. 60 day extension to visit wife. Cost 1900baht

Edited by DrJack54

I am not sure if you yet understand the differences between Visa, permission to stay, extension of permission to stay and re-entry permit.

A multiple entry Non O visa allows you to enter Thailand as often as you like until the expiry date of the visa. Each time you enter, you are given a fresh 90-day permission to stay. Nothing except the visa itself (and currently a ThaiPass which is soon to go away) is needed for this.

The permission to stay is granted by Immigration when you enter the country. Its expiry is unrelated to the expiry date of the visa. Optionally, you can choose to extend the duration of your permission to stay, without leaving Thailand, by extending the permission to stay at an immigration office after meeting necessary conditions. As Jack informed you, as long as your Thai wife accompanies you, a one-time per entry 60-day extension to your permission to stay is easy to get.

The re-entry permit simply ensures that your current permission to stay is not cancelled when you leave Thailand. If you have a permission to stay that expires on August 10 2022 protected by a re-entry permit, you will then still have a permission to stay expiring August 10 2022 when you return to Thailand prior to that date.

In your case, if leaving and re-entering Thailand at least once every four to five months is convenient, I endorse Jack's view that fully utilising your multiple entry visa may be the best approach for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I am not sure if you yet understand the differences between Visa, permission to stay, extension of permission to stay and re-entry permit.

A multiple entry Non O visa allows you to enter Thailand as often as you like until the expiry date of the visa. Each time you enter, you are given a fresh 90-day permission to stay. Nothing except the visa itself (and currently a ThaiPass which is soon to go away) is needed for this.

The permission to stay is granted by Immigration when you enter the country. Its expiry is unrelated to the expiry date of the visa. Optionally, you can choose to extend the duration of your permission to stay, without leaving Thailand, by extending the permission to stay at an immigration office after meeting necessary conditions. As Jack informed you, as long as your Thai wife accompanies you, a one-time per entry 60-day extension to your permission to stay is easy to get.

The re-entry permit simply ensures that your current permission to stay is not cancelled when you leave Thailand. If you have a permission to stay that expires on August 10 2022 protected by a re-entry permit, you will then still have a permission to stay expiring August 10 2022 when you return to Thailand prior to that date.

In your case, if leaving and re-entering Thailand at least once every four to five months is convenient, I endorse Jack's view that fully utilising your multiple entry visa may be the best approach for now.

Hi I work overseas working 1month on 1 month off so will be returning  to Thailand  from work 6 times a year that's why I need a multi  entry

46 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Hi I work overseas working 1month on 1 month off so will be returning  to Thailand  from work 6 times a year that's why I need a multi  entry

I think your still confused......

Yes the multi entry non O is visa that has validity of one year. 

It requires you to exit Thailand and reenter to obtain another 90 day permission. That's all explained above.

Very good visa for your routine.

At some point you need to obtain a new ME non O.

You could also have a non O and do extensions. You your need to purchase a multiple reentry permit for every 12 month extension. 

Cost 3800 baht for the reentry permit and 1900baht for your extension every year.

Both options work..

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I think your still confused......

Yes the multi entry non O is visa that has validity of one year. 

It requires you to exit Thailand and reenter to obtain another 90 day permission. That's all explained above.

Very good visa for your routine.

At some point you need to obtain a new ME non O.

You could also have a non O and do extensions. You your need to purchase a multiple reentry permit for every 12 month extension. 

Cost 3800 baht for the reentry permit and 1900baht for your extension every year.

Both options work..

Yeah that's what I thought . I've had non o visas in the past but 1st time with the evisa so wasn't  too sure how it worked 

Cheers for that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaiscot said:

I Think the confusion  on my part stems from the visa saying " Length of stay in Thailand  90 Days " I was expecting  it to say 1 year or 365 days

The visa correctly states Length of stay in Thailand: 90 days.
Certainly, Length of EACH stay in Thailand would be even clearer.

The expiry date of the multiple entry visa is clear.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that confusing the visa and permission to stay is common. In many countries the visa and permission to stay are the same thing. I believe this is one of several reasons why officials at points of entry of many countries have full discretion to cancel your visa, while Thai Immigration does not officially have the power to do so.

Edited by BritTim