NT National Telecom / (formerly TOT) any changes?

Digitalbanana

For about two weeks now I've noticed strange internet access problems, delays, pages freezing etc until I turn on a VPN? These sites used to work well well before on NT fiber optic. Anyone else notice a change in NT lately? No idea whats going on. In Bangkok area if that makes a difference.

27 minutes ago, 1948wjm said:

Digitalbanana, yes same with me for the past few weeks but when I turn on my VPN via S/Pore I have no problems ??

OK, good to know I'm not the only one. Any VPN location helps me, I just use a Thai VPN address for fastest speeds. I hope it resolves itself soon. Wife wants to change to 3BB if no improvement.

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

I use Surfshark and its VPN settings is set to Automatic.

You are using cloudflare DNS and TOT cant resolve the clouflare and it times out.

You click on your surfshark VPN which automatically sets the DNS to the VPN server by default and everything is great.

I would contact the IP team at TOT and explain the situation.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:29 PM, recom273 said:

I would contact the IP team at TOT and explain the situation.

I contacted NT/TOT over the weekend and they simply replied the DNS settings to use were that of Cloudflare for both ipv4 and ipv6 and indicated nothing was wrong at their end. I had been using those settings already so not much changed. Then today I notice the internet access has returned to normal, so whatever NT/TOT has been up to seems to now be resolved after almost two weeks of unreliable service for me.

• Like 1