Jump to content

Service fees to replace 1 tyre and rotate all


Recommended Posts

Hi team

What kind of price (outside central BKK) should I expect to pay for replacement of 1 tyre, plus rotation & realignment of all 4 ?

I appreciate the parts cost is a separate issue. 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

As you are talking about tyre rotation I assume they have done reasonable mileage so in that case never replace only one tyre ( unless it is the spare ) , always replace as a pair, rear or front.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What sort vehicle do you own?

 

What size of tyre do you need? 

 

Without knowing this information it will be difficult for anyone to give you a accurate estimate of cost.

Prices will vary quite a lot depending on what brand you choose and what size of tyre you need.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Excel said:

As you are talking about tyre rotation I assume they have done reasonable mileage so in that case never replace only one tyre ( unless it is the spare ) , always replace as a pair, rear or front.

 

3 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

What sort vehicle do you own?

 

What size of tyre do you need? 

 

Without knowing this information it will be difficult for anyone to give you a accurate estimate of cost.

Prices will vary quite a lot depending on what brand you choose and what size of tyre you need.

Thanks people.

 

Yes, replacing all 4 tyres. 

 

Does it matter what kind of car and tyres, surely the labour component is pretty much identical for replacement, rotation and realignment. And that's all I'm asking about here. Just the fees for the labour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rose33 said:

 

Thanks people.

 

Yes, replacing all 4 tyres. 

 

Does it matter what kind of car and tyres, surely the labour component is pretty much identical for replacement, rotation and realignment. And that's all I'm asking about here. Just the fees for the labour. 

Good to hear you are replacing all tyres and not as you previously mentioned "What kind of price (outside central BKK) should I expect to pay for replacement of 1 tyre".

 

The cost of balancing/fitting etc is in the price of the tyre which you buy so hence there will be no extra cost normally other than the price they quote you.  However if you have purchased your tyres elsewhere and now need to have them fitted expect to pay 200 -300 baht per wheel.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to a Cockpit outlet or B. Quik for a oil service and tyres, it will be a reasonable all in cost.

 

The cost could increase on the choice of tyre you want if you don't go for the cheapest tyres they do. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just recently changed the 4 tyres on BIL ViGO pickup

 

total came to 13,200 THB and also included replacing 2 brake shoes and alignment plus 1 free tyre rotation!

 

Brand was Goodyear!

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Just recently changed the 4 tyres on BIL ViGO pickup

 

total came to 13,200 THB and also included replacing 2 brake shoes and alignment plus 1 free tyre rotation!

 

Brand was Goodyear!

Goodyear branded shopfront? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Ask the garage/ workshop who provide  the service- they are bound to know the prices.

No, no, no...there are far more tyre service cost experts here than in any tyre shop!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, no, no...there are far more tyre service cost experts here than in any tyre shop!

Yes. At the tyre shop they will see me, farang lady no poot Thai, price could multiply instantly...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, rose33 said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, no, no...there are far more tyre service cost experts here than in any tyre shop!

Yes. At the tyre shop they will see me, farang lady no poot Thai, price could multiply instantly...

...and you think that getting a Thaivisa poster's price and telling the tyre shop that's what they should be charging will make a difference?  Geez....

 

"farang lady no poot Thai, price could multiply instantly..."

You really think that happens everywhere, every time?   Geez...

 

Why not just go to a couple of shops and compare their prices then decide based on real prices?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...and you think that getting a Thaivisa poster's price and telling the tyre shop that's what they should be charging will make a difference?  Geez....

 

"farang lady no poot Thai, price could multiply instantly..."

You really think that happens everywhere, every time?   Geez...

 

Why not just go to a couple of shops and compare their prices then decide based on real prices?

 

 

You're right, it doesn't happen every time. 

But it does happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

A Cockpit outlet or a B. Quik outlets treat everyone the same

And loves to put their sticker on your car even you had said not to!!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

And loves to put their sticker on your car even you had said not to!!

I don't mind 🤗 we are lucky to have a well managed Cockpit in Sukhothai never bothered with main dealer with any new vehicle from new. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't mind 🤗 we are lucky to have a well managed Cockpit in Sukhothai never bothered with main dealer with any new vehicle from new. 

The last time I went, some overzealous mechanic put it on the paintwork instead of the windscreen. We complained and as we said beforehand NO Stickers they had a hard time getting the sticker off, even left a couple of scratches. Got lots of apologies from the Manager!

Edited by MJCM
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The last time I went, some overzealous mechanic put it on the paintwork instead of the windscreen. We complained and as we said beforehand NO Stickers they had a hard time getting the sticker off, even left a couple of scratches. Got lots of apologies from the Manager!

Fair call, mine is on the truck back window but can understand people not wanting them on there cars especially on bodywork.  

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rose33 said:

 

Thanks people.

 

Yes, replacing all 4 tyres. 

 

Does it matter what kind of car and tyres, surely the labour component is pretty much identical for replacement, rotation and realignment. And that's all I'm asking about here. Just the fees for the labour. 

Re the labor component, some tires/dimensions are way harder to come on and off the rims than others, and some rims are easily scratched during the process so action must be taken. Can easily take twice the time so not pretty much identical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MJCM said:

The last time I went, some overzealous mechanic put it on the paintwork instead of the windscreen. We complained and as we said beforehand NO Stickers they had a hard time getting the sticker off, even left a couple of scratches. Got lots of apologies from the Manager!

A mechanic at a shop can't remove a sticker from a cars paint work with out scratching the paint

What a top notch establishment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 3:09 PM, rose33 said:

You're right, it doesn't happen every time. 

But it does happen.

Not only to females either, that's why I send the wife in.

 

I used to go in, get a price, then my wife would walk in and the price difference was 4.000 baht less for the 4 tyres, obviously they didn't get the business, just for trying it on, managed to get the same Thai price quoted to the wife a little further down the road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jaiyenyen said:

Replace Kwik with B and it all becomes clear.

 

 

Sorry, I had a brain fart.

Take off FIT and put a B before Kwik..........That's better 555

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not only to females either, that's why I send the wife in.

 

I used to go in, get a price, then my wife would walk in and the price difference was 4.000 baht less for the 4 tyres, obviously they didn't get the business, just for trying it on, managed to get the same Thai price quoted to the wife a little further down the road.

With most anything, I try to know what it's should cost before I start talking. Generally pretty easy with all the websites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...