Surface post from Thailand to Australia

I was hoping to ships about 25 kg of things in a single box by surface post from Thailand to Australi by Thailand Post. I can't find the zone that Australia is in to get pricing.

At the bottom of this page on the Thailand Post web site here https://international.thailandpost.com/services/international-post-service/?lang=en , there is a link at the bottom of the page to a PDF called "Thailand Post’s Announcement
Subject: International Air Parcel Post Service Rates
" and it includes many countries but Australia is not one of them.

The top of the page states that there is surface and air options for 255 countries, but it seems there is not a comprehensive list. I have gone to a few post offices and they refer to the PDF I mention above, see there is no Australia and conclude that there is no post to Australia.

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to get the info or how you went about sending surface to Australia from Th?

You could use EMS from any Thai post office.

Australia is in EMS Zone 10 according to this but there is a maximum weight of 20kg per package.

We wouldn't want the poor Aussie postal workers to strain their backs hey? :whistling: 

20 kg would cost you 12,780 baht and you can track it all the way.

On 5/26/2022 at 4:58 PM, Jai Dee said:

You could use EMS from any Thai post office.

Australia is in EMS Zone 10 according to this but there is a maximum weight of 20kg per package.

We wouldn't want the poor Aussie postal workers to strain their backs hey? :whistling: 

20 kg would cost you 12,780 baht and you can track it all the way.

EMS Thai to Sydney/Brisbane/Hobart used to be super fast.

Now quite slow on the Australian leg, all because of the again and again AustraliaPost issues about understaffed and more. I was near Sydney for a while, my Thai son often sending me documents by EMS. Many times got a card in my letterbox from AustraliaPost proclaiming their problems and issues. Several times 2 weeks to get the envelope into my letter box. And on 2 occasions I got a card in my letter box telling me that there was envelope waiting for me to pick at xxx post office (about 4 km away). Card had a tel no. (for AustraliaPost regional office not the local PO where the envelope was waiting for me). I called the tel, no. total confusion.

I complained on the basis that the sender had paid for delivery to the address on the envelope not to a pick up post office 4 Km away, and I live in a wheel chair and therefore can't drive. AustraliaPost man on the phone not listening at all to my points and even said 'why can't you take a taxi to the post office', then 'and why can't you get a friend to drive to the PO and pick up the letter'.

Also quite annoyed he said 'but I will have to call xxx post office and tell them to put the letter back in the residential delivery system!  Five days later letter arrived at my residential address. 

Edited by scorecard