Mask Wearing Rules to be Relaxed from Mid-June

Stocky

They finally let me reopen my school, but it is frustrating trying to teach kids who are muzzled up English because you can't see their mouths move...this will be a huge step forward. Strangely, most of the kids seem quite happy to wear the masks...not the same for their teacher, though!

On 5/27/2022 at 2:46 AM, Jingthing said:

When are they going to drop those infernal and largely useless temperature scanning thingies?

I had to buy one to reopen my school. They cost 1700 baht; cheaper than I expected but still a complete waste of money.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:55 AM, phuketsub said:

They finally let me reopen my school, but it is frustrating trying to teach kids who are muzzled up English because you can't see their mouths move...this will be a huge step forward. Strangely, most of the kids seem quite happy to wear the masks...not the same for their teacher, though!

Most of my students seem not to like the masks. I love the masks though, and always tell my students to wear them if I see their faces without.

I will certainly keep wearing face masks in the years to come. I don't care what anyone thinks about it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

I love the masks though

Seems Prayut is of a similar mind, the mid-June relaxation appears to have been torpedoed by the PM. 

Unlikely to be much push back here as the locals seem to comply near 100% with the mask mandate, and our tourists are predominantly Malaysian or Singaporean who follow similar guidelines in their own countries. Not many westerners visit the south.

I don't have a problem with them, but not sure I'd want to be teaching or taught, all day everyday, behind a mask.

Edited by Stocky

@StockyNo matter what the Bangkok government decides, expect to see masks worn by the majority of people for years to come. My school of 4000+ students has already made it clear masks must be worn on school grounds indefinitely.

Malaysian and Singaporean tourists don't seem to have a problem with it either, right? So I guess Hat Yai will keep em too.

14 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Malaysian and Singaporean tourists don't seem to have a problem with it either, right? So I guess Hat Yai will keep em too.

Quite probably. I've not had a cold or a cough in over 2 years, so they do help to reduce the spread of not just the Covid virus.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Most of my students seem not to like the masks. I love the masks though, and always tell my students to wear them if I see their faces without.

I will certainly keep wearing face masks in the years to come. I don't care what anyone thinks about it.

Oh dear. Spoken like a true autocrat. You’d do well in government. Do you also have a tinfoil hat? I’ll wear to comply but find them uncomfortable, unnecessary and against the spirit and advancement of our species. They served a purpose indoors, yet do nothing but hold back and oppress this society while creating a massive amount of waste + energy loss in their production. Thais DO NOT like wearing them. They do what they have to. But if it makes you feel all safe and snug, feel free, just please avoid imparting this silly carry-on onto others. Forever-worn masks might save you in catching a few colds, but it’ll come back to bite you one day as your immune system will not be bolstered. We evolved not with a mask on our chops. Those are my thoughts and I don’t care what anyone thinks about it. ????

• Haha 1