Please recommend a mobile broadband package 7, 30 or longer days

csaba81

You consider 1 to 6 Mbit/s (?) broadband?

With a new SIM:

DTAC, 15 Mbit/s uncapped, 200/month (many shops have those SIMs on offer).

One year SIM 15 Mbit/s for 1389. Seemingly only via online order (I just recently bought one).

Other speeds (lower or faster) are available.

I should note that speeds are highly assymetric, upload only about 5 Mbit/s (vs 15 download).

Buy before they die (megamerger with True).

First time buy you pay for the SIM like 70 Baht.

AIS SIM packages usually have a volume limit like 100 GB/month.

Good for most but not all.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

Just looked up again at Shopee.

AIS 15 Mbit/s with 100 GB/month limit, one year for 1590.

True 15 Mbit/s uncapped, one year for 1790.

Usually the packages incl. 60 min/month phone call to all Thai mobile networks.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

AIS 15 Mbit/s with 100 GB/month limit, one year for 1590.

My wife just got one of those at the AIS Shop, and can tell you that is the promotion so NO phone calls free to other networks!

Ps: They don't say 15 Mbit/s but MAX speed ????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, csaba81 said:

True offer 30 days for between 350 and 850 Baht depending on how fast you want to go (1 to 6 megabit). Perhaps someone knows of a better value package.

Existing SIM or new SIM?

If existing there are codes that may still work that offer unlimited 2 Mbps, 4 Mbps and 10 Mbps connections at 150, 200 and 300 baht per month respectively. Unlimited calls to all networks costs an extra 50 baht.

Too many other possibilities unless you can be more specific as to your needs. 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:31 PM, Bruno123 said:

Existing SIM or new SIM?

If existing there are codes that may still work that offer unlimited 2 Mbps, 4 Mbps and 10 Mbps connections at 150, 200 and 300 baht per month respectively. Unlimited calls to all networks costs an extra 50 baht.

Too many other possibilities unless you can be more specific as to your needs. 

New SIM. Want to use it only as a substitute for broadband internet in the home.

1 minute ago, csaba81 said:

New SIM. Want to use it only as a substitute for broadband internet in the home.

If new SIM, then there is no need to limit yourself to Truemove H.

If you have an existing SIM, add a cheap full speed day pack and run a speed test to see the maximum speed available from that network at your location. 

But DTAC and Truemove H have unlimited 30 Mbps packs available through distributors for 265 baht per month.

DTAC have an unlimited 30 Mbps 12 month pack for 1890 baht.

AIS Marathon is only 100 GB of 15 Mbps for 12 months, for 1790.  Though they have available unlimited 15 Mbps for 200 baht per month; including free calls to any network. 

On 5/27/2022 at 9:31 AM, MJCM said:

My wife just got one of those at the AIS Shop, and can tell you that is the promotion so NO phone calls free to other networks!

Ps: They don't say 15 Mbit/s but MAX speed ????

Old are Max Speed; new are 10 - 15 Mbps.

60 minutes of free calls to other networks. Unlimited calls within network.

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Old are Max Speed; new are 10 - 15 Mbps.

60 minutes of free calls to other networks. Unlimited calls within network.

I checked again in my Wife's "My Ais" app and NO mention of free calls in there!! But she has the 100GiB per month for a year option, done in a AIS shop!

12 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I checked again in my Wife's "My Ais" app and NO mention of free calls in there!! But she has the 100GiB per month for a year option, done in a AIS shop!

Yours is the older version with no speed limit that slows down to 128 kbps after 100 GB.

New version is as in my post.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Your version:

ซิมเอไอเอส วันทูคอล! เน็ตมาราธอน (มูลค่า 1,800 บาท)
เงื่อนไขรายการส่งเสริมการขาย 
• อินเทอร์เน็ตต่อเนื่อง ความเร็วสูงสุด ปริมาณ 100 GB/เดือน เมื่อใช้งานซิมร่วมกับเครื่องที่รับสิทธิ์เท่านั้น หลังจากนั้นใช้ได้ต่อเนื่องที่ความเร็ว 128 kbps 
• โทรทุกเครือข่าย นาทีละ 1.50 บาท 
• Video Call ทุกเครือข่าย นาทีละ 1.50 บาท
• SMS ข้อความละ 3 บาท MMS ข้อความละ 4 บาท
• กรณีนำซิมไปใช้งานกับเครื่องอื่นๆ จะคิดค่าบริการอินเทอร์เน็ต 1.50 บาท/MB
• อัตราค่าบริการยังไม่รวมภาษีรวมค่าเพิ่ม
• รับสิทธิ์นาน 12 เดือน
• สะสมยอดเงินสูงสุดได้ถึง 10,000 บาท และ วันใช้งานสูงสุด 365 วัน
• ลูกค้าสามารถเช็คปริมาณเน็ตคงเหลือ ผ่าน my AIS ที่ http://www.ais.co.th/myais
• ความเร็วในการใช้งานอินเทอร์เน็ต ขึ้นอยู่กับอุปกรณ์ของลูกค้า และปัจจัยอื่นๆ เช่น สถานที่ ,จำนวนผู้ใช้ 
• หลังใช้บริการครบ 12 เดือน จะถูกเปลี่ยนเป็น “โปร 30 กำลังดี” อัตโนมัติ และลูกค้าลูกค้าสามารถเปลี่ยนเป็นโปรโมชั่นอื่นๆ ได้
* หลังจากได้รับซิมเรียบร้อยแล้ว ต้องนำซิมดังกล่าวพร้อมบัตรประชาชนมาแสดงตนลงทะเบียนซิมที่ AIS Shop, ร้าน Telewiz ก่อนเปิดใช้งาน

SIM AIS One-Two Call! Net Marathon (valued at 1,800 baht) Promotion terms • Continuous Internet Maximum speed 100 GB/month when using the SIM with the eligible device only. After that, it can be used continuously at 128 kbps speed. • Call to all networks 1.50 baht per minute. • Video Call to all networks 1.50 baht per minute. • SMS 3 baht per message MMS 4 baht per message • In the case of using the SIM with other devices Internet will be charged 1.50 baht/MB. • The service fee does not include tax and additional charges. • Get privileges for 12 months. • Accumulate up to 10,000 baht and up to 365 days of use. • Customers can check the remaining internet volume via my AIS at http://www.ais.co.th/myais. • Internet speed Depends on the customer's device and other factors such as location, number of users • After using the service for 12 months, it will automatically be changed to "Pro 30 is good" and customers can change to other promotions. * After receiving the SIM successfully Must bring such SIM card together with ID card to present the SIM registration at AIS Shop, Telewiz shop before activation.

New online and distributor version/s: 

https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/en/marathon1790.html

4G/3G at speed 10Mbps quota 100GB/month (After the 4G/3G data allowance is reached, customers can use unlimited data at the speed of 128Kbps)
iconcall.png   Free calls within AIS network 24 hours maximum 30 mins/call
Call to other networks 1 Baht/minute
icon_other.png   12 month validity

&

https://become-ais-family.ais.co.th/find-by-sim-type?categoryId=1151075#

Unlimited internet speed 15Mbps. Volume 100GB per month. Free calls within the network 24 hours (30 minutes each) Free calls to other networks 60 minutes

SMS 2 baht per message, MMS 3 baht per message

Confusing eh? ???? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Yours is the older version with no speed limit that slows down to 128 kbps after 100 GB.

New version is as in my post.

Oke, but strange as this was done just recently (21th May) together with me switching from Dtac-> AIS in the local AIS shop