Government Seeks Vaccine Supply for Smallpox and Monkeypox

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government is seeking to secure a supply of smallpox vaccine from the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to boost public immunity in the event of a viral outbreak.

BUY IT YOU CHEAP CHARLEYS.????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government is seeking to secure a supply of smallpox vaccine from the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to boost public immunity in the event of a viral outbreak.

Pro-active for once, lessons learnt from Covid.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the smallpox vaccine is at least 85 percent effective against monkeypox.

What is the rest of the story?  That 85% is if you've been vaccinated this century?  I've lost confidence in their statistics and their numbers in general.

Someone tell the muppets that smallpox has been eradicated. ????

Smallpox Virus

Thanks to the success of vaccination, the last natural outbreak of smallpox in the United States occurred in 1949. In 1980, the World Health Assembly declared smallpox eradicated (eliminated), and no cases of naturally occurring smallpox have happened since. (Google it) 

21 minutes ago, teacherofwoe said:

Smallpox Virus

Thanks to the success of vaccination, the last natural outbreak of smallpox in the United States occurred in 1949. In 1980, the World Health Assembly declared smallpox eradicated (eliminated), and no cases of naturally occurring smallpox have happened since. (Google it) 

Its only been 'eradicated' until the next case occurs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 7:17 AM, teacherofwoe said:

Smallpox Virus

Correct. The last smallpox vaccine administered was  in 1976, I believe. The vaccine stocks currently held in government labs are some 40 years old and their efficacy is not know.  As such there is a risk of serious health issues when injected with the old vaccines. I suppose that new vaccines can be produced, but all that seems to be a knee-jerk reaction. In Thailand of course it is another opportunity for corrupt politicians to make a buck on trading on a needless vaccine

This'll keep 'em busy and the population misdirected for some time........as it might be everywhere.

Just something else to be overly concerned with because they said so.

Sky News UK has started to count daily cases of Monkeypox in much the same way as they did with COVID-19. That is, 

"X new cases today, which is X more cases than yesterday, bringing the total number of infections to (enter two digits here) since the outbreak began". 

I'm surprised it's getting so much global attention. I mean, the deadly BA.2.12.1 Omicron variant is still with us, wiping out the unvaccinated left, right, and center as I type. 

Edited by Stubby