Question on Bacon Meat in Thailand

bluebanana

I know this may sound silly but which bacon brand in thailand is the type that is delicious for eating with ham and eggs ?

we have easy access to lotus , macro and villa market here .

however I cant seem to find a brand that has less fat , delicious and great with ham and eggs .

thanks and cheerios ^^

15 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you need to be looking at expat shops, either walk in or delivery, at least 3 good shops in Pattaya all doing country wide delivery, 

you talk about bacon and then say you want ham and eggs, one you eat cold and comes pre cooked or smoked the other normally hot after cooking from raw

Yes expat shops sell good quality at better prices. Siam Expat foods, Siamburis etc. Expat online also available

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you need to be looking at expat shops, either walk in or delivery, at least 3 good shops in Pattaya all doing country wide delivery, 

you talk about bacon and then say you want ham and eggs, one you eat cold and comes pre cooked or smoked the other normally hot after cooking from raw

i usually fry the ham too ^^ heh

OP, not looking hard enough, as we shop at Makro, (not tourist or expat area) and usually have 3 version, USA - streaky/smoked, as most people describe, then the usual type preferred by UK & EU folks, even find Canadian bacon there.   USA stock is a bit iffy at times, so we grab a couple when looking good, less fat.   Wife also makes her own occasionally.

Villa Markets surely would have all three version also, at a price.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

ok , so no good ones in lotus etc ? 

When I looked there wasn't a good choice, Thai versions of bacon. Expat shops get it it right like the rest of the stuff. Actually the bacon and sausages I've bought from Siam Expat Foods is better quality than what I would buy in UK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebanana said:

ok , so no good ones in lotus etc ? 

If you are not too picky, Macro usually have a brand Roy´s Bacon. One that I have tried, and it´s not too bad. Just depends on the taste, I guess. Also, it´s definitely not the best one in my opinion. You could try it out, though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...