New CCTV regulations

Frenske

My wife saw a program on tv about new CCTV regulations starting June 1st.

Now it seems that you need a sign well visual to the public that they’re in a CCTV area for the camera outside of your home. You even need a sticker or sign in your car when you have a dash cam. Not sure what to do with the action cam on my helmet, maybe put a sign at the back of my helmet? Sharing images of people without their consent is not allowed any more, especially the ones of police that screw you over for tea money. Does any one have more information and will Thai people care a F%#k about this?

https://www.antaresgroup.com/thailand-personal-data-protection-act-pdpa/

• Like 2

It will be in the PDPA law, which will be effective after a 2 year delay. It concerns the protection of personal data of individuals. I haven't looked at the penalties but the ones in Europe with GDPR, which is comparable, are massive.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

We need a new "Beware of the Dog" sign so I'll include a CCTV one too.

I might even buy some cameras :whistling:

Any idea what the dashcam sticker needs to look like and what about reversing cams??

• Like 1

Well my security cameras are not visible so they will not be spotted anyway so no need for a sign. However what are visible are the machine gun emplacements, razor wire and electrified fences. So far I have not had any person report me if they trigger the motion sensors ????

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

How it applies to domestic CCTV and dashcams isn't really clear.

Of course it isn't, as IMHO, I suspect laws here are writtens so vague, so they can interpret them any way that serves them.

In the public domain, nobody has the right to privacy, IMHO

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It will be in the PDPA law,

And the problem with the new law is that it is so vague in places that the 'powers that be' can interpret it to mean whatever they like. Up to them.

A bit like section 112 of the royal defamation law.

50 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We need a new "Beware of the Dog" sign so I'll include a CCTV one too.

I might even buy some cameras :whistling:

Any idea what the dashcam sticker needs to look like and what about reversing cams??

They forgot to mention the smartphones have also cameras ....????might need a sticker on our head front ????

• Haha 2