Documentation for E-visa Applications

Sorry if this has been done to death. I am proposing to apply for a non-o visa based on retirement in the UK. This will have to be through e-visa. Conventional wisdom has it that supporting documents can only be uploaded in JPG format of limited size.  I am concerned that certain of my documents will require more that one page to display all the relevant information, and JPG is basically a single page format; eg health/travel insurance schedule, bank statements, proof of pension etc. Can anyone with recent actual experience confirm whether documents  MUST be JPGs and only one page can be uploaded at each step. Is it really the case that PDFs are not acceptable for visa applications? Also, if so, what's the work around other than entering on a 30 day visa waiver?

6 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Sorry if this has been done to death. I am proposing to apply for a non-o visa based on retirement in the UK. This will have to be through e-visa. Conventional wisdom has it that supporting documents can only be uploaded in JPG format of limited size.  I am concerned that certain of my documents will require more that one page to display all the relevant information, and JPG is basically a single page format; eg health/travel insurance schedule, bank statements, proof of pension etc. Can anyone with recent actual experience confirm whether documents  MUST be JPGs and only one page can be uploaded at each step. Is it really the case that PDFs are not acceptable for visa applications? Also, if so, what's the work around other than entering on a 30 day visa waiver?

Hi, I've successfully applied for e-visas through the US NY consulate.  Only the passport photo upon the initial application needed to be jpg.  For everything else I used a pdf file.

The blanket jpg requirement seems to be for Thailand Pass applications, not necessarily e-visas.  I was able to ask questions of the Thai consulate in NYC via FB messaging of their site (pretty much the only communication method that worked, I little success with trying to call or email).  The person answering messages on that FB page was very helpful. Suggesting seeing if your consulate has a similar page you can message with questions.

• Thanks 1

I have recently had my 3 month Non immigrant O visa approved in the UK,based on retirement over 50.

I only supplied a single page for each requirement.

ie one page of a bank statement,one page of insurance etc

If you upload a second page,it just replaces the previous page rather than adding to it.

Obviously there are extra requirements for the 1 year OA.

I used a free PDF to JPG convertor (PdfTolmage converter)

There is a free 7 day trial with Adobe to combine several files into one,if necessary.

If you are applying for the 3 month one,you only need to upload single pages for each question.

I submitted all mine as JPG after converting from PDF,where necessary.

• Thanks 1

I used my Canon Scanner to scan the documents..  it scans and sends the image to the connected PC as a (default) jpeg file.

If you have multiple documents for where you can only upload only 1...   my plan was to get the multiple documents  and fold each one so as to only reveal the pertinent info..  i.e. names, dates & amounts...  then overlap them all just showing that info.... then scan, and upload them as 1 document.

After you submit everything and eventually get approval they might ask for the documents when you take in your passport and application form.