Postal Service, Thailand the World

mercman24

Anyone sent mail to the UK recently, i sent some important documents on the 25April and here we are at the 31 MAY and nothing received, same incoming, my birthday 23 April, nothing received, (daughter) sister sent well in advance, card received two weeks after my birthday, surely covid is no longer an excuse, the receipt i have had so long the print has faded. is there any way of checking the progress, thanks

• Haha 1

Daughter sent a package mid Feb. took about 8 days to get to the village, had a printed sticker on it with Thai address in Thai and English she sent it UK registered post and i tracked it through Thai EMS when it got to Thailand 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 1:56 PM, Kwasaki said:

If I do sent post from Thailand to UK I do the registered post at the post office it has in the past taken 2 to 3 weeks. 

I would guess the pandemic has messed things up. 

It's been mentioned before that all national postal services are currently having difficulty to get incoming/outgoing mail bags onto flights. 

• Like 2

????The only way I received any post for the last 2+ years was to complain to head office, I got 6mths of post in one day, only for this year nothing from previous years, no apology, or reason given or mention of a reprimand to the local PO none had EMS numbers some local post only a few miles away and one marked URGENT from an OZ bank posted 3mths ago. Thailand 0.04 ????

• Like 1

For many, many years, I have had trouble mailing letters to the USA, even when registered.  They simply do not arrive there.  And incoming mail from the USA is seldom better, especially in the last few years of the plague.  In email communications, I've been told that all Christmas cards, bank mailings, etc. mailed to me have been returned to the US.  I live in Nonthaburi on the rim of greater Bangkok. 

BA are not currently operating direct flights between UK and Thailand and as they would be the main mail carrier, delays are inevitable in the postal service.

Having said that, when I posted a registered letter a month back, I was told it would it would take 4 weeks. It actually arrived in 8 days and I've also received 2 letters from my pension providers in the last 3 weeks. So it is working, but clearly not as predictably as one would like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

and one marked URGENT from an OZ bank posted 3mths ago.

Doesn't matter, "Urgent" is not there as an instruction for the Post Office's benefit, it's to encourage the recipient to open it!    Marking post "Urgent" doesn't get quicker deliveries!

• Like 1

I sent to UK using DHL took 3 days inclusive but you pay a premium obviously.

My incoming airmail at the moment is taking around 4 weeks to reach me here in Isaan.

This is business franked mail, bank, DWP, company pension etc.

No idea how long return letters take via normal airmail to get back there.

We ship things from Canada to the US using Canada Post which hands over to the US Postal Service. 

We are still seeing delays of upto 4 weeks.  

If the US is still having issues I guess it's fair to say Post from UK to Thailand  or Thailand to the UK will take more than a week.

It's hit or miss when it comes to international mail, I've had letters from the US take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.  One time my mail from the US-Thailand was misread and it went to Taipei first. 

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

when I posted a registered letter a month back, I was told it would it would take 4 weeks. It actually arrived in 8 days

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's called "covering their a_rse", just in case!

Name an institute in the world that doesn't do that! ????

• Like 1

When i came to Thailand i assumed that snail mail would never be a good idea. So i arranged for everything to come to me via email (either directly or via scan by family member). Only received about 10 physical letters and 3 items in 12 years......

However, as far as i know, no mail has failed to arrive, and usually in well under a month. Last letter i sent (signed documents) was about 6 years ago.