Mortgage Issues

I hope this is the right subforum, if not mods could you please move it accordingly?

Now here is my question. Wife is in possession of a debt free condo conservatively valued at THB 6.0m.

An opportunity arose where we were offered an undervalued condo and would like to take out a mortgage of up to THB 2.0m.

Now comes the issue: wife is freelancer and tac records have been on the very low side for the last two+ years (for obvious reasons). First few banks we have contacted wouldn't even consider such a secured loan as all they are asking for is a letter of a company confirming last 6 months employment ????‍♂️

Does any of you knowledgeable members have an idea how we could still get a mortgage with reasonable interest rate?

I will also be happy to receive direct message on this topic.

Best regards,

Jochen

A lot of the time, the banks just want to see money coming into an account. My wife was in a similar circumstance, market stall, sells online, sells property etc, so no tax/business records.

We just cycled money through her account (often the same money) for a couple of months and the bank was happy.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A lot of the time, the banks just want to see money coming into an account. My wife was in a similar circumstance, market stall, sells online, sells property etc, so no tax/business records.

We just cycled money through her account (often the same money) for a couple of months and the bank was happy.

Thanks that is a pretty interesting approach as my wife has had regular rental income over an extended time.

May I bother you to advise on which bank did you go with in the end?

3 minutes ago, fabruer said:

Thanks that is a pretty interesting approach as my wife has had regular rental income over an extended time.

May I bother you to advise on which bank did you go with in the end?

That was with GHB Government Housing Bank, House loans is pretty much all they do.

• Thanks 1