What are the noteworthy bars on Bangla Road ?

Baron Samedi

11 hours ago, xylophone said:

Kangaroo bar is always popular because it has some chatty girls behind the bar, and quite a few of them too.

.... and is also the cheapest bar on Bangla (as at March '22)

Beers (incl. San Miguel, which is extra at some bars) are B80 a bottle - no surprise that it is the most difficult bar at which to find a seat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, London Lowf said:
On 6/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, xylophone said:

Kangaroo bar is always popular because it has some chatty girls behind the bar, and quite a few of them too.

.... and is also the cheapest bar on Bangla (as at March '22)

Beers (incl. San Miguel, which is extra at some bars) are B80 a bottle - no surprise that it is the most difficult bar at which to find a seat.

Kangaroo bar ! My word - that was our go to bar in the early 90s (30 years ago) when Bangla  road was gravel. Glad to hear it’s still rocking… long after I’m not! ???? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kangaroo Bar and a few bars next to it up and down used to be a very nice place to sit and watch the world go by. But I was passing by a few times this year and the music was so so loud , it's impossible to sit anywhere there....!? 

It seems the DJs are competing with each other and turning the volume so high it really hurts - and before you say, I'm old, but not that old....! , it is basically unbearable...still full though... (probably with those with hearing problem ...????).

• Like 2