Anybody Noticed Thai Music Is Worse This Year?

steffi

I follow Thai music pretty closely when I'm here but I'm noticing that there's lot of songs from bands/artists with no talent out there. In particular those songs that try to sound like rap music. That one particular one with the guys and then the girls (na ka na ka na ka).... that's enough to make me want to hit something when I hear that. But there's a trend of male vocalists who have no and I do mean no singing talent. That one that does "Da da de da de da...." one for example.

Also noticed that Mr P'Bird is lipsyncing more than before in his live concerts but I don't think Asian audiences care as they prefer interaction and dancing etc. Just look how popular that Rain guy is for example.

But the overall quality of songs and the talent of the singers is much much lower this year.

But the overall quality of songs and the talent of the singers is much much lower this year.

I hadn't really thought about it before but I have to agree. There's usually a couple of Thai pop/rock songs that I find catchy, or maybe even like. But this year it seems to be more bland & predictable than usual. And I haven't heard anything I like in more than a year.

This morning I heard the Mee Panda song for the first time. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or break something.