Medical Insurance Requirement On Re-Entering Thailand

siftasam

I'm taking a holiday of 17 days (including flights) in Europe starting on July 23rd. I am 76 years old.

I have a Non-Immigrant 'O' visa.

My Visa extensions are up to date, I have a Re-entry passport stamp, and I have the certificate showing my 3 Covid vaccinations.

I am ready to apply for my Thailand Pass.

I have 2 questions please:

1. WHEN should I apply for my Thailand Pass (i.e. how long is it valid for?)

2. I have NO medical insurance in Thailand. I always 'pay as I go'. Is this a problem on a Non-'O' re-entry into Thailand. Will I have to buy it?

Many thanks for any help with these.

1.  I'm told you can apply for the Thailand Pass up to 60 days before your trip.  Given, though, that they claim approval is given almost immediately and/or within 48 hours, no likely need to apply for it before a week or so before your trip.  

2.  No medical insurance is required for a holder of a Non-O Visa and/or extensions thereof; however, currently for Thailand Pass you must get the $10k covid insurance which you can get for 650 baht. 

The entry rules (even the possibility of the elimination of the Thailand Pass deal and/or the requirement for covid medical insurance) may very well change as of July 1st and any changes for July will likely be promulgated by about the 25th of this month.  Given you aren't leaving until July 17th, wisest course in my opinion is for you to get acquainted with whatever the rules may be during the first few days of July and then apply if needed for Thailand Pass at least 10 days before your trip.

Yes wait to see what the TP looks like on July 1st….so you have time b/f departure to get insurance, get your documents in order to apply for TP…with TP approval being immediate, waiting until middle of July is fine….technically, you could wait until one week before thailand arrival…

But many old guys prefer to have their documents prepared in thailand ( access to computer, printer etc) before their less than 60 day trip kicks in…sense of relief I guess..