Video: Hungry and angry wild elephant making life difficult for Cambodian gardener

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded went to the area of the Thap Lan national park in Prachinburi, central Thailand, where a wild elephant called Lamud has been making life difficult for a Cambodian gardener. 

Lamud had demolished part of a kitchen area as it was angry and looking for food.

A video showed the pachyderm arrive and what appeared to be a shot ring out. 

Kai explained that he lived there with his wife and child.

image.jpeg

While they were sleeping he heard the sound of wood breaking and saw the elephant grab a fertilizer sack containing pellets used to shoot birds. 

He made off with that probably thinking it was a sack of rice while Kai's wife and kid jumped through a window to get away.

He then called his boss about the incident.

image.jpeg

However, some while later the elephant returned, clearly angry and hungry as the pellets were inedible, and tried to get into the kitchen.

The sound on the video was a firecracker used to try and scare off the elephant.

Kai said that this was the FIFTH time that the elephant had come and he was getting fed up expecting it to happen again. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Haha 1

Wonder what a good deterrent is for such a smart, and huge animal? I have heard they're so smart they even work out how to disconnect electric fences.

I'm glad I have some concrete walls at least around our joint! although I guess a cranky pachyderm with a grumbling stomach would make short work of those too. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

77kaoded went to the area of the Thap Lan national park in Prachinburi, central Thailand, where a wild elephant called Lamud has been making life difficult for a Cambodian gardener. 

Why would you have your garden inside a national park and expect wildlife to keep out?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Wonder what a good deterrent is for such a smart, and huge animal? I have heard they're so smart they even work out how to disconnect electric fences.

I'm glad I have some concrete walls at least around our joint! although I guess a cranky pachyderm with a grumbling stomach would make short work of those too. 

image.jpeg.2703591f58c5e7931d2cb27828b37b6d.jpeg