(another?) which phone should i buy thread

Everyman

I am looking for a secondary phone to take to the beach or the bar. Here are the parameters 

have a very “smooth” and responsive screen 

cost under 5000 baht 

be a recent model 

have acceptable to good battery life 

would be nice if it was water resistant 

storage doesn’t matter much since it will only have Bolt, Line and messenger loaded. 

thanks 

• Haha 1

"I am looking for a secondary phone to take to the beach or the bar. Here are the parameters 

have a very “smooth” and responsive screen 

cost under 5000 baht 

be a recent model 

have acceptable to good battery life 

would be nice if it was water resistant 

Try putting a 2 before your 5000 figure.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Both my GF and I have Realme phone.  I bought her the c2 which is a nice size for her little hands.  And I have the C3 which I bought later.  Great phones.  Not a single issue with either one.  Only issue is cannot replace battery you self.

I bought an Samsung A52 last year, it is all what you require including water resistant and has a great camera set up but was 11000 baht new, probably get a second hand one closer to your price, there are a lot of cheaper phones these days but getting one with your specs can be a problem. I know because I looked around for a cheaper one with similar specs especially the waterproof and I wanted a good camera set up, the A52 was the one I settled on and I am extremely happy with it, it was well over my price but worth every baht

Edited by seajae
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Hopefully can jump in on this thread.

I'm also looking for new phone. Basic phone required around 5-6k. Any suggestions.

BTW the only reason for need back up cell is that my current cell has started getting into a turn on-off loop.

Yes read about it on net and possible causes. 

Deleted videos etc to free up space. 

Just nervous as existing phone has my banking and access codes which I don't have. 

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully can jump in on this thread.

I'm also looking for new phone. Basic phone required around 5-6k. Any suggestions.

BTW the only reason for need back up cell is that my current cell has started getting into a turn on-off loop.

Yes read about it on net and possible causes. 

Deleted videos etc to free up space. 

Just nervous as existing phone has my banking and access codes which I don't have. 

Write the codes down, or save them in the Cloud, or on a PC, as you should with all your photos and videos. No good only having them in one place.

I have ALL my stuff on two PC SSDs each backed up to other HDDs, and on One Drive & Google Drive. All accessible from anywhere.

Talk about belt & braces!   5555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Write the codes down, or save them in the Cloud, or on a PC, as you should with all your photos and videos

Thanks for that ...however the one app that I have lost my id #for is my Westpac banking.

Luckily with my previous phone I transfer all my apps, etc to my current phone.

The password and id# was transfered with the app.

Another banking app with different bank transfered the app but not with log in codes.

Go figure.

Anyway plenty of cheap cells.

The GF suggests a Samsung A12 for 4500baht. Seems good enough

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for that ...however the one app that I have lost my id #for is my Westpac banking.

Luckily with my previous phone I transfer all my apps, etc to my current phone.

The password and id# was transfered with the app.

Another banking app with different bank transfered the app but not with log in codes.

Go figure.

Anyway plenty of cheap cells.

The GF suggests a Samsung A12 for 4500baht. Seems good enough

I have had a Huawei Y9 2018 for 4 years with no problems at all. Now costs less than Bht 5000.

Use the same code/password/log in for ALL your apps, PC, phone. I DO, but I'm not telling!

Edited by KannikaP