Canceling Work Permit on a Non O Marriage Visa

Hi all, I have a quick question.  I have a non o based on marriage visa.  It's been extended until March next year.  In the last couple months I got a job with the work permit attached to that visa but the job is not working out.  I know that with a non b, if the work permit is cancelled then so is the visa.  Is it the same for the non o?  Since the non o was obtained prior to and wasn't dependent on me working at all?  

Cheers for any information.

Edited by South84
Typo in the title

You apparently have a extension of stay based upon marriage that is not tied to you having a work permit.

Only if you had a extension of stay based upon working it would end on the day you stop working.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, South84 said:

It was extended due to marriage.  I guess technically I should say I'm on a 12 month extension of my non o visa due to marriage.  

He deleted the post you quoted and it is now gone.

You have a extension of your stay in the country based upon marriage. Only the permit to stay from a visa can be extended which in your case was a 90 day stay from a non-o visa.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He deleted the post you quoted and it is now gone.

You have a extension of your stay in the country based upon marriage. Only the permit to stay from a visa can be extended which in your case was a 90 day stay from a non-o visa.

Got it.  So sounds like I won't need to worry since my extension of stay isn't based on working.