Self drive trucks

Wongkitlo

I am trying to move some furniture from Pattaya to Trat. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could hire a 3 tonne truck. I have a driver and they will load it at the shops where I buy it. I have approached some companies but their quotes seem rather high. Thanks

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

,,,where I could hire

For your own security, If there is a written contract of hire then ideally this would be in the driver's name.

If there is any kind of accident, even an accident where your vehicle is not at fault, you do not want to be formally involved if you are not the driver of the vehicle.

You just want to be the customer who is having some furniture moved.

• Like 2

I know you can hire trucks, but I'm pretty sure they come with their own driver.  Take a look at the utility poles in your area and look for the Thai signs like in the attached photo, they're 4-6-10 tire trucks for hire.

image0 (4).jpeg

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More than a decade ago, when I moved to the house where I currently live, I needed a large truck to move my stuff. I asked the taxi driver I've used for along time for the Swampy-Pattaya runs and he arranged it for me. Try asking a friendly neighbourhood motorbike taxi driver, they usually know what's what locally.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Guderian said:

More than a decade ago, when I moved to the house where I currently live, I needed a large truck to move my stuff. I asked the taxi driver I've used for along time for the Swampy-Pattaya runs and he arranged it for me. Try asking a friendly neighbourhood motorbike taxi driver, they usually know what's what locally.

Thank you for the advice.