Link for what is req'd to apply for non 'o' visa in Thailand please

Hello again.  I am about to apply for a new retirement visa 'married to Thai national' version.  I have applied for a non 'o' visa b4 but it was years ago.  I am looking for a link to an online guide for applicants, or something, please.  It used to be that they prefer applications to be made outside of Thailand but made exceptions from time to time.

The local immigration office is very helpful but not very 'local' so I would like to prepare for my first trip to ask if what I have is what they need.  The last time I went to the trouble to get a statement that I was not a wanted criminal, for example, and the officer was not interested at all.  

I have a normal retirement visa and I am trying to figure out how long I can keep it valid during the application process for a new visa in a new, different, passport issued by a different country.

Thanks for any comments.

You cannot change your passports from one country without leaving and re-entering the country with the other passport. And then start all over by getting a new non-o visa and extension of stay with that passport.

The passport change can only be done by air.

At border a crossing you have to show the other country the same passport you departed Thailand with.