Bolt has arrived in CM

TheAppletons

Extremely out of date "news" as the article was first published in 21 December 2020;  

Quote from the article; 

"Published : December 21, 2020

By : The Nation"

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

I used Bolt a few months ago on arrival in Chiang Mai. Good service and they responded.

On arrival I tried Grab at the Terminal 3 Bus Station but no one responded. I got the impression, right or wrong, that most of the taxi's waiting around were signed up for Grab but just not accepting the rides instead trying to negotiate directly. 

Tried Bolt. They showed up and took me to my destination.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, JimmyJ said:

It's been here for awhile.

Definitely for over 3 months, maybe much longer.

No credit cards.

Thanks for that.  When I found the story, the date at the top of the page was 22 June.  I hadn't noticed the "published on" date at the bottom of the page.

Anyway, I've used them a couple of times now and despite the app being a bit wonky, it's a pretty inexpensive way to get around  Haven't paid more than 80thb yet for a ride, most in the 55-75 thb range.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me what it would cost for a Bolt ride from somewhere say a half mile to 3/4 mile from the old city, to the gate of the old city? In looking at neighborhoods for where I could rent a house, I'm looking at the ones right outside of the gates going outward for maybe 3/4 mile all the way round. From such a location it seems like I could walk to the gates (and walk around in the old city) from where I lived on some days, and on others could take Bolt rides without it being too expensive. 

9 minutes ago, PadPrikKhing said:

Can someone tell me what it would cost for a Bolt ride from somewhere say a half mile to 3/4 mile from the old city, to the gate of the old city? In looking at neighborhoods for where I could rent a house, I'm looking at the ones right outside of the gates going outward for maybe 3/4 mile all the way round. From such a location it seems like I could walk to the gates (and walk around in the old city) from where I lived on some days, and on others could take Bolt rides without it being too expensive. 

You can do dummy bookings on the app that will give you a price without committing to the journey.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, PadPrikKhing said:

I live in Changpuek and Grab is usually around 100-120 to the south/east of the city. Bolt is around 70-80, but they are like rocking horse poo to find. Much easier going home in fairness.

Edited by Moncul