Can I stock western food in my luggage???

Jan0

I have stayed in Pinas for quite a few months now and have come to a conculusion in beleiving that Western prison food is in higher quality then ordinary pinoy food

I have tried various dishes and also have tried mang inasal but I did not enjoy the cuisine

Im sure there should be people who have no issue with Pinas food but for me im just off that stuff.....

I want to ship or stock my own yoghurt, meat, delicacies, and other food products/items but I assume it could get stopped by border force

Is there a way that I can get a special pass to bring all those in???

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

You can't bring meat products into Thailand, that's sure. On my flight to Bangkok, last week, Etihad made an announcement that bringing meat products into Thailand is subject to a fine of maximum 200k baht and a 2 years jail term... 

I would say good luck for obtaining an import permit for private import/consumption. 

Yoghurt, cheese, biscuits etc shouldn't be a problem though.

• Haha 2

"Inasal", marinated Filipino bar-b-q chicken, is the clue that he is asking about the Philippians even though "Pinas" is a region in France.

Actually I had a friend who used to bring back lots of USA food stuffs, canned or bottled, to Thailand when ever he visited the Philippians.  I suspect if the OP checks he can find most of what he wants in grocery stores or online.

• Like 1

Been bringing two 70lb suitcases filled with Costco, Trader Joe's, Amazon from the US & Canada for every person in my family every year for more than 30 years. Wine, too. Never a hassle, even when x-rayed. Deep-freeze smoked salmon & cheese, wrap in two layers of bubble wrap. It won't be frozen when you get here but it will still be cool, ready for your freezer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

"Inasal", marinated Filipino bar-b-q chicken, is the clue that he is asking about the Philippians even though "Pinas" is a region in France.

There is no french region named "Pinas". To my knowledge only a very small village

My heart goes out to you. I think the food would be one of the hardest things to cope with in the PI. One of the things I love most about Thailand is the food, the quality of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains here. Assuming you are restricted by a budget that compels you to eat in the food courts, and similarly low end establishments. 

The food sucks in PI. The only other country I can think of with worse food, is Cuba. Granted, if you are willing to spend quite alot of money, you can find good food. But, it is not the general rule, as it is here. Also, the access to fresh fruits and vegetables is pathetic compared to Thailand. Very low quality, and often not fresh. Thailand is a paradise by comparison, when it comes to all things related to food.

• Like 1

I have brought in cookies, and chocolates in cooled boxes. as well as red and black twizzlers. Candy.

It is best to call and ask the authorities first, and the best way is to go to the airport and ask in person

to someone who knows the rules.

Harvey M

Reckon they don’t have import stores in PI… 555  Long ago went to OZ (not Kansas) was asked did I have any food by customs… No. Sir we need you to come over here searched my bags….you said you

didnt have any food and out comes a sealed bag of hard candy mints. I said it candy not food… 

thry took it and slapped me on the wrist… 555