Need a Mac compatible printer

I need to buy a printer compatible with my iMac and MacBook Pro on Samui. Preferably in Chaweng.

Big C and others sell HP printers which do not say they're no longer compatible with Mac but the updated Monterey OS and HP no longer work together. It took me 3 days and the Big C IT expert and hour to find out. Big C did refund - tip of the hat!

HP printers do not say on the box that it's not supported by Mac. The Cannon printer box does.

Also, HP no longer supplies a driver disk - Big C expert opened a new printer box to prove me wrong but I was right. Very patient and great customer service there!

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

Banana next to Lotus's in Bo Phut/Chaweng...????

Link to Google Map HERE.

Thanks khunPer. Banana knew right away they didn't have one that's compatible with Mac, and none of the IT stores at Central Festival did either. They were aware of the issue at least... Big C was not.

Since Apple forces updates, Monterey 12.4 in my case, no printer for sale on Samui is compatible. We ended up having to buy a MS laptop and printer because I have some important docs to print, sign, and scan back. Unreal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Got a HP about a month ago.  Works fine with fully updated Mac for Wi-Fi printing.  Don’t remember if it needed a driver download but might have.

Said it could not find the printer but tried to print a page and it worked and continues to work.

That's great. My HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2337 didn't have AirPrint. The HP site and app both said I didn't need drivers. The Apple site gave an option for USB connection but it doesn't work. The printer was found by the Mac before and after the reset, set to default but no data was ever in the Print Que even though load bars would show. The printer test-printed fine but the two would not connect.

I tried for 3 days and thought I was missing something until I saw a YouTube vid about this issue. Then all the IT vendors on Samui knew about the issue aside from Big C (they do now). This is a known issue with Monterey 12.4 OS. Many HP's and others work with 10.x and earlier but not with recently updated OS's but it must be hit & miss for some reason.

Also, Apple doesn't let you remove the stand from iMacs anymore so it's a pain to travel with them in your luggage now. The credit card trick doesn't work anymore, thanks Apple ????

I pre-made joining brackets and then cut my stand off so it fit in my luggage. Bolted it back together in Samui and it works great.

Hope this helps future searchers save some time.

32 minutes ago, proton said:
35 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Never had an issue with printers for my Mac. They all seem to work just fine.

Canon do not work, no way around it.

That’s called a ‘user interface error’ ????

https://th.canon/en/support/mac-os-compatibility-list-for-inkjet-printer-scanner/notice

Been using Apple for years, never any issue printing on various different, also printing directly from the phone ( note: pre Monterey ).

Edited by richard_smith237

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 9:41 PM, digbeth said:

if your mac has a disc drive for you to load the driver from, it's probably no longer supported 

No disk drive, the usual dongle/external drive, player etc for our M1-macbook, MacBook Pro and iMac..

I got a cheap MS laptop and am scanning/printing no problem.

This is the 2nd printer that none of the 3 will spool data to.

Thanks for the reply!