Knife Sharpening

placeholder

Are there any professional knife sharpening services available in Chiang Mai. Preferably to the south of the old city or in it but anywhere fairly near is ok. And, just to forestall some advice, I'm not interested in sharpening my own knives. At least not deep sharpening. Touch-ups I do already. Thanks.

• Haha 1

There are mobile sharpeners on motorcycles with sidecars which the guy sits on to do the sharpening.  They come to you when called on the phone.  Ask your neighbors for their number.  Might have to ask around a bit because those who do their own sharpening don’t know.

12 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

There are mobile sharpeners on motorcycles with sidecars which the guy sits on to do the sharpening.  They come to you when called on the phone.  Ask your neighbors for their number.  Might have to ask around a bit because those who do their own sharpening don’t know.

Thanks.

I don't know if this place is still in business, but there are a couple of phone numbers listed on the link.  Maybe you will find someone there who sharpens knives, and does it well, rather than grinding away and not knowing what they're doing.

Edit: The street view shows a water company.  There is a purse icon which says "knife."  Click on that for details about the (former) knife shop.

image.png.b1c0a4389c087f90d151b20a9ca12499.png

https://goo.gl/maps/qpVr9JNUC53o4cgd6

Edited by MrBrad