Thailand Inventions Needed

Head Snake

1) For me, I'd like to buy gecko (CheenChoke) diapers.

My Gowd, they leave the evidence everywhere - on floors, on ceilings, on walls, on dishes.. etc.

2) How can I ground a house that doesn't have electrical grounded plugs?

3) How can we put the soi dogs to good use?

Racking my brains trying to think of how to put soi dogs to use. Maybe yoke them together and have them run on something to generate electricity or a pump to rid the sois of water when they flood?

Inventions i would like to see include dedicated ambulance lanes, cycle lanes and bus lanes where the said vehicles could get through. Also I would include fire engines in those allowed to use it.

As for nappies for geks, I agree with the poster who said he would rather have a few turds than mozzies. Good shout. Ours don't poo on the dishes (Mr L must put them away after he has washed and dried up :o ) They do give you a turn though when you open the kitchen cupboards and they move, they are like greased lightening!

"Thai inventions".

Now there's an oxymoron if ever there was one.

LOL almost on par with:

'quality expat' and 'living in cambodia'

or

'burbie' and 'useful posts'

ROTFLOL :-) :o

Yeah right up there with world class Thai companies and Thai Nobel Laureates!

And that is just behind egalitarian society and meritocracy!

Come to think about it. THere are no critters inside the house except the turd makers.

So much turd!! I guess I'm not used to it. Do I have to look everything before I eat or drink it.

Has anybody accidentally swallowed a turd that was on a beer can or left on a spoon?

Some Thai guy invented a waterproof keyboard for PC that sells for 199 Baht - it was in the Nation the other week, so it must be true.

The great thing about this invention is that I recently read an article in maximum pc magazine that actually recommends cleaning ALL keyboards but putting them in a dishwasher and letting them dry off, whereupon, as if by magic they become usable again.... :o

Even things that are named 'Thai' are not really Thai!

e.g. - Prik Thai, Muay Thai, Thai massage etc, etc, etc.

All misappropriated from other regions and cultures.

Thailand doing what it is best at, mimicry.

Is that PC for copying ? :o

I think I'd like a magic pill that suppresses all worries and frustration with

"lost in translation"

oh, they have those in knock off form at the pharmacy.

Today I found water bottles I kept in the fridge moved to the freezer. I guess she thought colder is better, so freezing is best. :o Not a big deal, just perplexed for a few moments. love it or leave it.

Some Thai guy invented a waterproof keyboard for PC that sells for 199 Baht - it was in the Nation the other week, so it must be true.

The great thing about this invention is that I recently read an article in maximum pc magazine that actually recommends cleaning ALL keyboards but putting them in a dishwasher and letting them dry off, whereupon, as if by magic they become usable again.... :o

I photographed a waterproof keyboard for a client in 2001 , it looked the same as the ones we see now for 199 baht.

Even things that are named 'Thai' are not really Thai!

e.g. - Prik Thai, Muay Thai, Thai massage etc, etc, etc.

All misappropriated from other regions and cultures.

Thailand doing what it is best at, mimicry.

misappropriated = improved and made popular right?

Same as the steam engine, cotton gin mill, flight and many other inventions 'attributed' to one guy when the reality was each of these was in fact in existance years before the popularly widely known inventor surfaced.

Nothing wrong with Mimicry. So long as the mimic makes some improvement; whether it is differentiation of cost reduction or niche concentration as Porter might comment. Plenty of countries and companies have done pretty well with this strategy.

"Same as the steam engine, cotton gin mill, flight and many other inventions 'attributed' to one guy when the reality was each of these was in fact in existance years before the popularly widely known inventor surfaced."

http://edcorner.stanford.edu/podcasts.html

Just listened to a presentation on my iPod given by Robert Sutton of Stanford on exactly this point. He pointed out a few but probably the most prominent with Thomas Edison

Great publicist/marketeer but crap inventor but the myth lives on

There is also

James Watt the same and the Scotish myth regardinghim inventing the steam engine while walking on Glasgow Green

Thai inventions? How about the brain disengagement wave generator installed at all immigration desks. When a westerner approaches the desk the wave patterns automatically disengages the logical part of the brain. The person, principally males, then proceeds out into the country, falls head over heels in love with a prostitute, sells everything back in his homeland and gives her the money.

After many years trials it still isn't 100% effective but they are getting close.

Thai inventions? How about the brain disengagement wave generator installed at all immigration desks. When a westerner approaches the desk the wave patterns automatically disengages the logical part of the brain. The person, principally males, then proceeds out into the country, falls head over heels in love with a prostitute, sells everything back in his homeland and gives her the money.

After many years trials it still isn't 100% effective but they are getting close.

This of course answers the question of why the new airport is on the Eastern Seaboard. Apparently the effects of the rays diminish over time. The subjects need to be zapped somewhere between Pattaya and Soi Cowboy to have the best possible chance of success. The sinking taxiways were an unexpected side effect of the stronger, second generation, brain disengagement generators.

I'd rather sweep up a few little lizard turds than have buzzing buggies! :o

I already have made little tin toilets for the geckos in my house...they do use them, but only if they are emptied every night. Mackeral tin cans...tuna..whatever.....

My Gowd, they leave the evidence everywhere - on floors, on ceilings, on walls, on dishes.. etc.

"3) How can we put the soi dogs to good use?"

Wife says just add some chillies??????????? :o:D:D:D:D:bah:

The ancient Greeks had steam engines and much more.

Just didn't know how to put them to use in those days.

www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/InventionsS.htm

BTW, time for the Thais to invent a roadworthiness test for motor vehicles.

Edited by qwertz

• 1 year later...

1)...get a cat

2)...get a copper rod and cable at your neighborhood building material shop and connect one end of the cable to the ground rod that you've driven into the ground and the other end to the main control box (you may have to update the cut-off switch to a fuse box/ OR, connect the ground wire to the electrical outlet.

3)..all black ones sold and sent to Sakorn Nakon for sausage, the rest ship 'em all down south...