Dtac aggressive marketing campaign?!

Im using dtac for 17-18 years now and i think its the best phone company in thailand. 

Although since this scam calls started i also noticed that Dtac started a very aggressive and disturbing, annoying marketing campaign..

its almost every 2 days im getting a text from them and trying to sell me a package or voice call-add on or etc. whatever they have they are texting me. im ok if its like 1 or 2 times, but seriously im getting these texts almost every 2 days 3-4 different things.. this is like 2-3 months now. Today i called Dtac and told them to stop sending me marketing texts and surprisingly the lady told me sure she can stop that. 

i was wondering if any other Dtac user or other company users are having the same issue and how was your reaction.

thanks

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I think it's because of the True / Dtac merger.

I think you're right there.

I also think that they have been losing a lot of customers to AIS up-country because their coverage and data plans are better.

I have been with DTAC for 20 years now, but when I move up-country when our new house is built, I will be changing to AIS too.

15 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Today i called Dtac and told them to stop sending me marketing texts and surprisingly the lady told me sure she can stop that

Good idea... I think I will do the same. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have a package with DTAC, whereby I get 30gb high speed internet. After this is used up, it is slower, but then I get them pestering me with messages of special offers to upgrade. Used to get them in Thai, but changed the settings so now I understand what they are pestering me with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:

I have a package with DTAC, whereby I get 30gb high speed internet. After this is used up, it is slower, but then I get them pestering me with messages of special offers to upgrade. Used to get them in Thai, but changed the settings so now I understand what they are pestering me with.

Mines are in english. They never send me thai. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kidneyw said:

You can call them and ask them to change the SMS language to English!

Yea....I'm been a DTAC postpaid customer for many years....over the last 6 months or so there has definitely been a BIG uptick in advertising texts from DTAC offering different text/data/voice top-ups...almost daily such a text arrives....and I've already got one such text for today/24 June regarding a data top-up.    I expect the proposed True-DTAC merger is a key factor....trying to retain/gain customers to make the most money in the merger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Yea....I'm been a DTAC postpaid customer for many years....over the last 6 months or so there has definitely been a BIG uptick in advertising texts from DTAC offering different text/data/voice top-ups...almost daily such a text arrives....and I've already got one such text for today/24 June regarding a data top-up.    I expect the proposed True-DTAC merger is a key factor....trying to retain/gain customers to make the most money in the merger. 

you can call call center and tell them not to send you promotion texts. it takes 3min. thats what i did

• Like 1

Funnily enough I was in Hua Hin Market Village yesterday 27/6/22  & walked into DTAC open office by chance ..complained bitterly of 15yrs of 2-4 texts every day & threatened them with immediate cancellation if they did not block ALL texts & suprisingly she ranr up BKK call centre & they agreed to block ! Having said that just got 1 yesterday in Thai as usual but hopefully confirming total block...so there you go people !