English speaking optician?

brewsterbudgen

I need a new prescription for my varifocal glasses which I've always had done previously in Bangkok.  Pattaya is the nearest place now where hopefully I can find somewhere recommended, and where the optician speaks English.  Are the malls (Terminal 21, Central Festival) the best places for this?

Based on recommendation here I used Pattaya Optical on Central Pattaya Road recently for an eye test and new set of varifocals. Young lady speaks perfect English, all round efficient satisfactory service. Short walk across the road from Tops at the junction.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kinyara said:

Based on recommendation here I used Pattaya Optical on Central Pattaya Road recently for an eye test and new set of varifocals. Young lady speaks perfect English, all round efficient satisfactory service. Short walk across the road from Tops at the junction.

Im also happy with them

Pattaya Optical พัทยาออปติเคิล
+66 38 428 170
https://goo.gl/maps/ZNP2Em6xrJLvWMGq5

• Like 1

I've tried them all and stay with Euro-Optic, run by Dr Maria Abalon (a certified Filipina eye doctor); perfect English and been in business for 25+ years:

Royal Garden
one floor above ground floor (1st for us, 2nd for Americans)
walking inside the building from 2nd road to beach road is halfway on the right hand side of the hall
phone: 081-861'34'68
[email protected]

She works on an appointment basis and takes all the time it needs and no extra charges for this service. I've been more than happy with her services for almost 30 years (back in the day she ran a shop in Vientiane/Lao PDR). 

• Like 1

The EuroOptic Facebook page says that they do not offer prescription only.

What are they charging for varifocals?

Please don't be upset if we can not offer
Prescription-only
We do provide vision test and analysis when you purchase from us.
Edited by stubuzz

On 6/26/2022 at 8:20 PM, webhost said:

Top Charoen Optical on south pattaya rd, opposite Tukcom. Highly reputable and one of the cheapest. Optometrist speaks English.

One Of The Cheapest ?? 555 !! I Got Quoted 82,000 Yes 82k for Varifocals in Top Chareon in Nong Khai.....555,Told Them to " Go Away " NOT In those words though !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

One Of The Cheapest ?? 555 !! I Got Quoted 82,000 Yes 82k for Varifocals in Top Chareon in Nong Khai.....555,Told Them to " Go Away " NOT In those words though !!

Not my experience in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Surely not!

15 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

If the OP were to fly, drive or take the train from Pattaya to Nong Khai to buy his glasses perhaps that is useful information.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:55 PM, Sydebolle said:

I've tried them all and stay with Euro-Optic, run by Dr Maria Abalon (a certified Filipina eye doctor); perfect English and been in business for 25+ years:

Royal Garden
one floor above ground floor (1st for us, 2nd for Americans)
walking inside the building from 2nd road to beach road is halfway on the right hand side of the hall
phone: 081-861'34'68
[email protected]

She works on an appointment basis and takes all the time it needs and no extra charges for this service. I've been more than happy with her services for almost 30 years (back in the day she ran a shop in Vientiane/Lao PDR). 

Very pleased with Dr Abalon.  It was easy to make an appointment; thorough service and good advice.  Picking up my new glasses in 8 days.  Thanks for the recommendations.

• Like 1