Medecines without prescriptions

Aforek

Yes but unless you have been using best to have a doctor determine what is best for you - you do not have to buy from hospital and doctor consultation is not expensive.  Many medications have side effects or limitations on use that we may miss in casual reading on internet.  

Prescriptions are not part of medical care here.  Most drugs can be obtained from pharmacy, but some can only be dispensed by registered pharmacist (and many do not actually have such a person working).  A much smaller number of drugs are controlled and only available from hospitals with doctors order.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes but unless you have been using best to have a doctor determine what is best for you

Self diagnosis & medicating is fine for some things.  Others should require professional advice.

Also consider, if haven't already, alternatives to control what ever, diet & exercise works wonders in regulating body functions.

Yes, you can get these without a prescription. Any pharmacy will have these and there are inexpensive local brands.

I am assuming since specific meds are mentioned that the OP is already taking them on advice of a doctor. If not, then indeed it is wise to have a consultation with a doctor before self-treating hypertension.

Diamond pharmacy and another one right next to it, opposite entrance to Siriraj hospital are probably the cheapest in Thailand, and don't question why you need it as long as you can tell the name of what you want. I get Valsartan from them without any questions asked. At 75% lower price than my hospital pharmacy. I am, however, just continuing regime that doctor prescribed me and monitor (blood pressure is about the simplest thing to keep track of at home) daily.

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes but unless you have been using best to have a doctor determine what is best for you - you do not have to buy from hospital and doctor consultation is not expensive.  Many medications have side effects or limitations on use that we may miss in casual reading on internet.  

You are right, but I take these medecines   from my local hospital for five years, I know they are good for me , no side effect 

i bought them this morning, very cheap , in a pharmacy belonging to Lotus Express ( real pharmacy, not the ones inside the Lotus or BigC ), next door 

Just, I have decided to leave my local hospital, too many hours to wait, depressive atmosphere  and my situation is good, always the same , just take my medicines

of course, if I have a new problem, i shall see a doctor, but now it's not the case 

ps: thank you for the pharmacy in Bangkok, I keep the name, but I live upcountry 

Edited by Aforek