Tourist Visa Have Had For 3 Months And Topped Up A Month Ago

hi just a quicky,

im english and got a torist single entry visa in singapore on 22 march 2007, so went to pattaya img (jontiem) on 21 may, so i need to collect my new passport ready tommorow british embassy bangkok, but my visa finishes on 22 june.

some people say i must go get new tourist some say i can extend again at a border so was gonna go to udon and over to vientiene in loas and get a tourist but can i just go and come back from border there as will be a friday and dont want to spend 4 days there or is the embassy open on sats?

any speedy replies app, cheers chris.

You can do a border run and get a 30 day stamp :o

BUT

• It seems Poipet won't let you exit unless you have a visa to re-enter Thailand (go to another border crossing)
  • You will likely be asked to show onward travel within 30 days on entry to Thailand
  • You may be asked to show 20,000 Baht 'living' money

EDIT BTW, you'll need to visit immigration to get your last entry stamp transferred to your new passport before you can exit the country (free I believe).

EDIT 2 I Should have read the sub-heading, Jomtien should be fine for a 30 day, Lop corrected the value, 10,000 required (not often checked).

Edited by Crossy

You used a tourist visa from Singapore to enter Thailand for 60 days. You extended the sixty day stay another 30 days. Now you want to return to Thailand. You do not mention using any 30 day visa exempt entries prior to your Singapore tourist visa so yes you can cross into Laos and return to obtain a 30 day permitted to stay stamp. You should have 10,000 baht with you in case it is asked to be shown and you should also have a ticket out of Thailand within the next 30 days for the same reason (both are requirements but not often checked). If you take the time to obtain a visa the required money would increase to 20,000 baht but there would not be any ticket requirement. Am quite sure Embassy is not open on Saturday. But you could go tonight, cross in morning and return Friday afternoon.

You used a tourist visa from Singapore to enter Thailand for 60 days. You extended the sixty day stay another 30 days. Now you want to return to Thailand. You do not mention using any 30 day visa exempt entries prior to your Singapore tourist visa so yes you can cross into Laos and return to obtain a 30 day permitted to stay stamp. You should have 10,000 baht with you in case it is asked to be shown and you should also have a ticket out of Thailand within the next 30 days for the same reason (both are requirements but not often checked). If you take the time to obtain a visa the required money would increase to 20,000 baht but there would not be any ticket requirement. Am quite sure Embassy is not open on Saturday. But you could go tonight, cross in morning and return Friday afternoon.

sorry cant do anything till i collect my pport at bitish em tom morn, then was gonna catch the 16.15 airasia to udon land 17.15 stay over next morn (fri) go to border and if poss go to vientiene or if they mon/fri just get border 30 days, if whichever is possible?

some websites suggest that weekends you can pay extra but not sure if this is just border, be better if i could get propper touris if poss!