Russian missile strike on shopping centre with over 1,000 people inside in city of Kremenchuk, Zelenskyy says

onthedarkside

Screenshot_3.jpg.59f2972009c765c6136c0dbd99b19b1f.jpg

The city's mayor Vitaliy Meletskiy said the strike on the "very crowded" structure had caused deaths and injuries, but gave no figures

A shopping centre with over 1,000 civilians inside has been hit by a Russian missile strike in the Ukrainian city of Kremenchuk, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said.

"The mall is on fire, firefighters are trying to extinguish the fire, the number of victims is impossible to imagine," said the country's leader, writing on the Telegram messaging app.

Footage on social media showed a large number of people stood outside as a huge blaze raged inside the building and dark smoke billowed into the sky.

At least two people were killed and 20 were injured in the attack, said Kyrylo Tymoshenko, the deputy head of the Ukrainian presidential office.

(more)

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-missile-strike-on-shopping-centre-with-over-1-000-people-inside-in-city-of-kremenchuk-zelenskyy-says-12641299

1300649496_SkyNews.jpg.059fd35c357b3b2339f697d64d2b6d2c.jpg

• Sad 2

I wish I had a solution, a fast solution to this terrible evil war but i don't. The only thing I can think of is that somehow Putin is removed from the scene and disempowered entirely, and Russia can hold fair and democratic elections after so many years of despotic rule.

In the short term, given the reality of war and how politicians, and war-machine industrialists use it for their own ends,

I guess the only thing that can be done is to arm the Ukraine as much as possible. Talking to Putin won't produce anything, other than embolden and empower him.

I wonder if like in Spain in the mid 1930's a Freedom Brigade can be supported worldwide to provide non-aligned troops to fight and drive the Russian back to pre Crimea invasion borderlines?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Reading today them saying the vile Putin is gravely and seriously ill again, with only YEARS to live. The amount of damage you can do in years could be devastating. For the sake of Russia his own people should kill him now. 

The Russian people should turn the years to live to minutes to live. We can't let this happen so why is it happening? Do the the Russian people think this is a games, killing the Ukraine people and their own soldiers for what? Putin must go the sooner the better.

• Like 2