Pattaya mayor affirms vendor-free Na Jomtien Beach will not affect tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another classic example of thai logic, they can't see what's wrong with removing everyone

Exactly...the number of Tha people enjoying eating on the beach at night was amazing...my guess is the big money restaurants didn't like the cholera cart vendors making money while their greasey spoons sat empty 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another classic example of thai logic, they can't see what's wrong with removing everyone

Exactly my point in my earlier post... but the same Thai logic should have told them that it will NOT last long and slowly but surly they will all creep back...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Nice to see some Thai officials without masks!

That might go some way to bring back the tourists!

It isn't about masks, it is about vendors on the beach. 

Do stay with it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It isn't about masks, it is about vendors on the beach. 

Do stay with it!

Actually if you read the headline it is about vendors and tourists.

"vendor-free Na Jomtien Beach will not affect tourism"

My comment is about masks and tourism!

Do stay with it!

Edited by DezLez
  • Haha 2

Many tourists enjoys the opportunity to buy drinks and food on the beach - both during daytime and at evenings - and also rent a sun chair and umbrella. The solution is to find the right balance between vendors and available beach-sand, so it's still a beach, but with some of the benefits that many tourists prefer...⛱️

It's very clear on the quite long tourist beach where I live, where there are only a small number of places with service. Some people brings their own mat, drinks and food, but most guest flocks at the places with service, where a buying something to drink may include a sun chair, if it not just can be rented, and food is easily available...????

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Exactly my point in my earlier post... but the same Thai logic should have told them that it will NOT last long and slowly but surly they will all creep back...

You took the words right out of my mouth 

14 hours ago, daejung said:

I much prefer beaches without any vendor and not to be bothered all the time by then

I am not as keen on sitting in the sun as I used to be, its a tourist thing. But the pleasure used to involve reading a book, and dozing off in comfort. The vendors often made noise to get your attention and stood staring at you, perhaps thinking a German needed a Man U wristband. A small kitchen hut within waving distance that could rustle up a Penang Curry with fried rice and a cold drink, when you wanted one, worked for me. Or a place one could stroll to and be seated in the shade.....

On 6/29/2022 at 4:42 AM, scubascuba3 said:

To be honest I agree with the mayor..

years ago I used to go to Cha-am beach, a great place with clear and pristine beaches with lovely views.

Now it's vendor city... the beach has been taken over with them.

You can hardly see the beach, everything is covered with umbrellas, the smell of cooking chicken wafts down the beach, vendors control everything.

Even the beach/roadside parking is controlled and dominated by them.

Traffic during the day is a complete snarl-up.

Jomtien would in time become the same... a complete and utter Thai made mess.