Shooter surrenders after violence in Lat Krabang - pub ordered shut - incident was over a woman

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

Deputy chief of the metropolitan police and spokesman Pol Maj-Gen Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ek gave details following a shooting incident in and around a pub in the Chalong Krung police jurisdiction in Lat Krabang at the weekend.

A man has been charged with weapons offences and the pub has been closed temporarily as investigations into others involved continues. 

At the center of the case were arguments between two groups over a woman. 

Police were initially called to the pub at around 1.30 am on Sunday morning and found evidence of 10 shots fired from a 9 mm gun.

CCTV had been posted on social media. 

A man called Nathee started shooting in the pub before fleeing. Two people were injured. 

At 9pm Sunday Nathee surrendered to police and handed in a Glock 19. The gun was legally registered but not to Nathee. 

Police charged him with several weapons offences. He claimed he only shot to threaten the other group. 

The pub - which was not named in the Thai Rath story - was ordered shut temporarily for serving alcohol after the 12 pm threshold. 

Investigations continue as to who else might have been involved in the fracas.

Met chief Pol Lt-Gen Samran Nuanma stressed his determination to tackle violence in the Thai capital.  

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

arguments between two groups over a woman. 

I can understand that. I've had an argument over a woman. 

That's what I like about living in Pattaya, plenty of lovely freelance ladies to choose from, no need to argue, just need a little bit of money. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The pub - which was not named in the Thai Rath story - was ordered shut temporarily for serving alcohol after the 12 pm threshold. 

Is there ANY "pub" that still abides by the kindergarten midnight rule? I thought it was lifted anyway, but that might be part of the changes effective July 1st.

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I can understand that. I've had an argument over a woman. 

That's what I like about living in Pattaya, plenty of lovely freelance ladies to choose from, no need to argue, just need a little bit of money. 

The women in Pattaya are mostly what these young miscreants impregnate and then discard. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Police were initially called to the pub at around 1.30 am on Sunday morning and found evidence of 10 shots fired from a 9 mm gun.

Nice to see the midnight closing being observed.