Visa Non-O for UK citizen to live with Thai wife. Now they request $100,000 insurance!! Is anyone have experiance? Can someone help me which company do insurance that I can afford? most of them are so expensive. Help!

That is an error on the e visa site. It is not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage.

Upload a page stating it is not required to complete the application. Others have done it and their application was approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is an error on the e visa site. It is not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage.

Upload a page stating it is not required to complete the application. Others have done it and their application was approved.

I wish is error, I even call to Thai Embassy to ask about it. They confirmed that is right. Now needs insurance civer$100,000 which I don't understand. All of my friends did and they don't have to do it.

7 hours ago, Nat Needham said:

I wish is error, I even call to Thai Embassy to ask about it. They confirmed that is right. Now needs insurance civer$100,000 which I don't understand. All of my friends did and they don't have to do it.

Who ever you talked to you was wrong. The $100.000 is only for a non-o visa for retirement.

Here is the requirements shown on the embassy website.

image.png.eba3338079dd67bdf27e213395feed11.png

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Also not shown as required on the requirements page of the e visa site.

https://thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o

• Like 1

How to explain to some (most likely) Thai staff that they are wrong? I find this the most difficult thing to do. They hate nothing more than to be proven wrong (not only government officials), even if I try in most sensitive way...

Just do what was suggested earlier. Submit an application without the erroneously requested insurance. Those who actually process visas know what the real requirements are. Errors on embassy websites and (to a lesser extent) in applications are common.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zappalot said:

How to explain to some (most likely) Thai staff that they are wrong? I find this the most difficult thing to do. They hate nothing more than to be proven wrong (not only government officials), even if I try in most sensitive way...

He should do what I suggested in my first post. 

It is possible that whoever he talked to mixed up the reason for non-o visas

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zappalot said:

Indeed, I printed out the changes to the TM30 regs in Thai from 2 years ago. Showed it to staff at the immigration office who said that does not count still need TM30, and they still claim money has to be in the bank for 3 moths not 2. If we follow the rules why can't they?

It is sooo silly indeed. From 1 July on, no insurance is needed anymore. However they manage to change the evisa website to list the old nonsense requirement of $100000. I do know a week or so ago it was still $10000... That input should be deleted entirely. TIT

On 6/29/2022 at 6:12 PM, Nat Needham said:

Do what Ubonjoe has sugested.

The person processing your e-visa application will not be the same person to whom you talked at the embassy.

On 6/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

Or even for the 90 day retirement 'O'. See attached screen grab from eVisa site. This clearly states,STV, OA and OX.

Ins.jpg